• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Xen'Drik Chronicles OOC

reel_big_gish

First Post
HOUSE RULE: The feat Research (ECS 59) no longer exists. Instead, any character who is literate can use the research rules detailed in the feat description. DCs above 10 require ranks in the appropriate Knowledge skill.

I have done this because I feel that this really should have been an expanded skill use, and IMO, it's unworthy of a feat.

Effectively, this grants everyone in the party Research as a "bonus feat". Nalfeshnee, you need to replace Research with a new feat.

Isida: I have decided to allow Se'ket to choose between Wild Shape and Vermin Shape once she gains the Wild Shape class feature. If you choose Wild shape, nothing changes, and you are still eligible to pick up Vermin Shape as a feat. If you choose Vermin Shape, you lose your ability to Wild Shape into Animals, gaining the ability to Wild Shape into vermin instead. Either way, wild shapes per day, duration, size restrictions, Plant Shape, and Elemental Wild Shape are unaffected.

In addition, the following changes need to be made before we begin:

[sblock=Nalfeshnee] You're over the wealth budget by 2,090gp
You need to list your XP. By my calculations you should have 7380xp
You have 42 skill points. You should only have 36. Levels 1-3 should be based on 15 Int, no 16.[/sblock]

[sblock=Isida Kep'Tukari]I need a link to the hp rolls for both you and Kek
Wild Empathy should be +5, not +7.
Your CON is 14 for a +2 mod. You calculated hp and your Fort save based on a +1 bonus. You should have 4 additional hp and a final Fort mod of +6.
I'm guessing Darkleaf Breastplate is a typo and that you meant Darkwood breastplate. If I'm wrong let me know where I can find Darkleaf armor.
You shorted yourself 150gp. You should have 257gp, 3sp remaining after equipment.[/sblock]

[sblock=ByteRynn]You shorted yourself 15gp and a silver piece
I need a breakdown of how your skill points were spent. Keep in mind that at levels 1-3 you received 2 bonus skill points for Int and 3 at level 4.[/sblock]

[sblock=Watus]Your Fort save should be +3, your Reflex save should be +1, and your Will save should be +5
What book is Master Linguist in?
Your wealth is correct, but the total marked on your sheet isn't. You spent 3889.7gp on gear, not including spells, but you marked it as 3401.7gp[/sblock]

DEFCON 1, I'll audit your sheet later today. I've been auditing character sheets for 2 hours, and I need a little break.

Nalfeshnee said:
wow... level 6. You think we'll get that high?
Nah. I'm gonna kill all your characters in the first encounter. I like planning campaigns more than I like running em :]

Last edited:

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
and i should retake the research feat im guessing?

Did you take synergy bonuses and my skill feats into account?

I'll redo the gp cost, deducting spells as necesary

Come to tgink of it... all those extra spells put me down to level 3, which retroactively means i cant have level 2 spells, which in turn means i cant have that many spells which again means i have more Xp... I'll remove all those extra spells (that should fix the gp problem too) .

Last edited:

reel_big_gish

First Post
Nalfeshnee said:
Did you take synergy bonuses and my skill feats into account?
Yup. Apart from the skill points themselves, your skills are all kosher.

Speaking of skill points, it's time for another house rule. Anyone who takes Open Minded (Complete Adventurer) adds their Int bonus to the number of skill points gained from the feat (normally 5). I doubt this one will come up, but I thought I'd let you all know anyway.

Also, the Rogue's Gallery is up. Repost your characters there once the appropriate changes have been made.

reel_big_gish

First Post
Extra spells don't cost XP, so they won't affect your level at all.

IMO, the easiest way to fix your gp would be to drop the amulet of natural armor. +1 AC isn't that great for 2000gp. I think you can get a ring of force shield for the same price.

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Sorry, i meant the scrolls.

Good idea, ill drop the magic item.

And i replaced the Research feat for Education. Dodgy i know, but i really coulod not think of anything that made sense for the character

Watus

First Post
The saves and the total spent must have been vestiges of previous versions. Sorry about that.

Master Linguist is in Races of Eberron.

ByteRynn

First Post
[sblock]Trying to find where I put my skill breakdown. Left off my Adventuring Gear pack from PHB II, which is listed as 15 gp, though it is actually 15 gp and 1 sp...that's where that other money comes from.[/sblock]

reel_big_gish

First Post
[sblock=DEFCON 1]I need a link to your hp roll.[/sblock]

Everyone starts with 7 action points. Be sure to make a note of that somewhere on your character sheet when you post it to the rogue's gallery.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads