The Year of Drizzt? (20th Anniversary)

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Glyfair said:
Unfortunately, this thread moved in the direction I was afraid of. I was hoping for a discussion of the actual subject matter, but knew it was likely to bring out the Drizzt haters (and thus his defenders).

Hey, defender I might be (though it's more on principle), but I did respond to the content itself.

JVisgaitis said:
Have there been pics of the Drizzt Icon set yet?

Icingdeath was shown so far:

http://ddmspoilers.com/icon_stats.html

Vanuslux

Explorer
Glyfair said:
Unfortunately, this thread moved in the direction I was afraid of. I was hoping for a discussion of the actual subject matter, but knew it was likely to bring out the Drizzt haters (and thus his defenders).

The thing is that there was very little about actual, specific products beyond the Icons set which has been talked to death about already, and novels. The main crux of the newsbite was the big marketing push behind Drizzt, so what else are we going to talk about other than whether Drizzt is worth all the fuss?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Vanuslux said:
The thing is that there was very little about actual, specific products beyond the Icons set which has been talked to death about already, and novels. The main crux of the newsbite was the big marketing push behind Drizzt, so what else are we going to talk about other than whether Drizzt is worth all the fuss?

We could speculate about what they will release.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
JVisgaitis said:
A movie based on homeland would be sweet.

Wasn't there talk about a FR series a couple of years ago? I remember that Salvatore was involved with the screenplay. Nothing came of it, though. A pity.

Remove ads