• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Theandric: Journeyman

Yair

Community Supporter
The wolf growles at Titus. It trotts nearer, sending quick looks all around. Its eyes no longer glitter, they are filled with bloodlust.

Then it sprints, trying to get past Pavel towards Titus. The wolf sprints pass Pavel, eluding him with quickness and a deceptive step. Lukas, standing before Titus, blocks the beast's path. Without hesitation, it launches itself straight at him. Lukas has just enough time to release an arrow, which misses, and hastily draw up his sword to defend himself.
As the wolf speeds towards Lukas, Puck throws a stone and a juicy curse at it, but neither have much effect.

It is Titus that hurts the beast. The snow trembles as the earth below it shifts, and suddenly a fist size stone hurtles out at the wolf and hits it right in the face. The wolf staggers, and blood trickles from his jaw. Sending a hateful look at Titus, it attempts to attack him again but with less vigor, and is easily fended off by Lukas's blade.

[sblock]Pavel attacks with Fist at 12 (6 die+6 modifier), and fails to connect.
Lukas fires his Bow at 16 (5 die+11), and also misses!
Puck throws a Stone 9 (6 die+3 estimated), that misses too.
Titus casts Wielding the Invisible Sling at 28 (12 die+16 CT), with Penetration 20; it passes the wolf's magic resistance, doing 14 (9 die+5) damage. The wolf suffers a Medium wound.
I believe the wolf attacks first in the next round, at Initiative 17. It attacks Lukas with 9, and Lukas defends with 10 (7 die+3). The attack misses.
Matthius cowers succesfully. Malloc basks in his song's aftermath with success. Volkmar remains too attached to Valeria's side to intercept the wolf. Valeria may cast her spell herself - it's going to be a pretty sight ;)

I rolled for you based on your descriptions; if you want to roll youselves, do so in the post describing the action or intended action.

The next round has begun. Post your actions. Note that if anyone wants to change weapons/tactics, his Initiative may change accordinly.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lukas & Malloc

Volkmar! cries Lukas
Flank the beast
Lukas swings his sword again.

The music shift to deeply and strong tones.
The sounds of battle melody spring our from the lute.
looking at his scared companions, Malloc is doing his best to uplift their spirits.
he stands near Valeria.
If she takes her cloth off, he stops for a round, just to stare at her.
not paying attention to the werewolf but just to her, then he will snap out of it
and continue.

Nzld

First Post
Volkmar & Valeria

Volkmar sees an opportunity and charges into an attack position, taking advantage of the wolf's momentary preoccupation with Lukas. He strikes in with a mighty blow from his greatsword!

[SBLOCK]Volkmar attacks with a total of 29. He rolled a 7, is exerting himself, and has applied a point of Confidence to the attack. [ATK 12 + Confidence 3 + Exertion 7 + Roll 7 = 29]. Volkmar does +14 on top of the Attack Advantage.[/SBLOCK]

**********​

Valeria, in response to the wolf's obvious malicious intent, lets her robes fall from her body. Standing naked amidst the group, she casts "Gift of the Bear's Fortitude". Afterwards, she is left shortly out of breath.

[SBLOCK]Valeria's rolls a 5, for a casting total of 20.[/SBLOCK]

MummyKitty

First Post
Titus surveys the result of his magical projectile with small satisfaction. "Fighting is filthy business, but, the wolf started this," he thinks. "Now, we must finish it."

Now that the wolf has closed with Lucas and Volkmar is also attacking, it may be too dangerous to cast the sling as he does not want to injure the faithful defenders. If he sees a clear shot, or if the wolf flees, he will hurl another stone at it.

[sblock]Yair, please feel free to roll for me if the opportunity arises. I'm not sure of the likelihood of a missed shot hitting one of my friends. Since he's concentrating on the combat I'm not sure he'd notice Valeria's actions.[/sblock]

Mattihus steps back a few steps from the combat. He's seen many a hunt in his day so the violence doesn't disturb him-- much. Still, he looks around for a stick or rock with which to defend himself if necessary. From his vantage point behind the group, he clearly sees Valeria's spellcasting, which completely distracts him from his search. "Bless old grandpa's bones..." he says to himself, wide-eyed. "Will wonders never cease today?"

Yair

Community Supporter
Pavel attempts to jump on the wolf, but the beast senses him and quickly avoids him. Malloc begins to change his tune but is stunned when Valeria takes off her robes and starts chanting, and and his song falters.
Titus wields another stone, but is less succesful, managing only to bruise the wolf.
Volkmar sees an opportunity and charges into an attack position, taking advantage of the wolf's momentary preoccupation with all the others. He strikes in with a mighty blow from his greatsword, nearly cleaving the wolf in two. It dies instantly.

[sblock]Puck twiddles his thumbs. Matthius competes with him.
Pavel Fist Attack 12 (6 die+6), misses.
Titus casts at 25 (9 die+16), with penetration 17 - again penetrating through. He does 11 (6 die+5) damage, the wolf incurs a Light wound.
Volkmar attacks with 29 (yikes!), defeating the wolf's defense and, unsurprisingly, killing it.
Lukas doesn't get a chance to act.

Volkmar... is scary.[/sblock]

Malloc and Lukas

It seems like only an anvil ,hammer and a good punch could close the wide open mouth of
Malloc, he stares at Valeria, his heart punches like a dwarven drum.
What a magnificent sight, if only he could hug her.
then he snaps out of his day dreams, he don't want the others to see him, so he quietly lower his gaze.

Horray!!
shouts Lukas and strike the dead werewolf for insurance.
Good job Volkmar, I'm glad I'm on your side friend.
he says proudly.
but now we must hurry.

MummyKitty

First Post
"Indeed; well struck, Volkmar," Titus commends the giant warrior and then looks at the mangled remains of the wolf. "It's a pity it chose to fight rather than heed my warning, for it was a magnificant creature."

He turns to Valeria and notices her naked state with a smug smile. His eyes look her figure up and down and he turns away with an effort back to the wolf. "Undoubtedly this enchanted creature's remains must contains some remnant of magical energy, perhaps some pawns of muto or animal vis..." He looks at the rapidly darkening sky. "...though we may not have time to collect it properly.

"Volkmar or Lucas, how quickly can you skin this animal? It may also be proof that we have slain it, which if it was terrorizing this village, may be of value to us."

[sblock]Assuming it does not revert to human form when slain? If it does, will have to revise this...[/sblock]

Mattihus tears his gaze away from Valeria and approaches the wolf's corpse, eyeing it intently. "I hope this wolf was not one of the villagers... if it was, and its curse was known to the people, they may not be happy that we have slain it...."

"Mattihus, you of the loose lips, suggesting tact and caution?" Titus laughs. "You have a point though... we should secure the remains well and reveal them only when, and if necessary."

Nzld

First Post
Valeria approaches the corpse of the wolf, unabashed by her nudity and apparently oblivious to the effect it has on her male companions. She kneels down next to the corpse and gently strokes its coat.

"This will definitely send a message," she says, "but for good or ill, I do not know."

Valeria then goes about gathering various specimens for her laboratory: hair, blood, tooth, and claw, which she has Lukas excise from the corpse.

**********​

Volkmar instructs Lukas to skin the beast, as Titus had instructed, while he maintains a constant vigil, for the wolf may have packmates in the vicinity.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads