• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Theandric: Journeyman

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Pavel, who has remained in raven form the entire time (so not to disturb the locals, although Herr Grozny certainly seems disturbed enough), caws quizzically from wherever he is perched and then flies over to Titus's shoulder, where he lands.

Yair

Community Supporter
MummyKitty said:
This man is obviously vexed by something, thinks Titus. His statements are paranoid, illogical and confused...

"Herr Grozny, we thank you for your offer of assistance in learning more of this place and obtaining the forgiveness of your gods for whatever unintentional sins we have committed. And, we are certainly willing to help your people defend themselves against injustice or evil forces to the best of our ability. We do indeed hope to create a place for ourselves nearby, a peaceful place, where we can pursue our studies for the benefit of all, including your people. If we are to meet these ones who will teach us wisdom, we would like to bring our entire entourage. Who is it you would lead us to?"
Grozny shakes his head. "You can't learn wisdom like that. Would hang an army by its feet, so that they all see the future? No. Perhaps I can teach someone the ways of the forest, but I can only teach one. I can show him the path, but he must walk it alone, or he would only suffer through his journey."
"Wisdom cannot be gained with an army."
He looks at Lukas's armaments as he says that.

Last edited:

Nzld

First Post
As Grozny concludes his response to Titus, Puck comes tumbling into the fold, having been urged by Volkmar to make the magi aware to the hidden danger contained within Grozny's ward. The diminuitive figure cartwheels in between the magi and Grozny, braking into a handstand before the seated figure.

"Hang me by my feet, says I. Do I see the future? Ach! I see myself falling... falling!" And with that, he promptly falls backward, toward the magi, rolling to his feet to turn and face Grozny once again. He leans his small frame toward Gronzy and the invisible barrier, his movements intently following the hidden form within, heedless of the man. "I see no future, says I, but sees other things I do, says me."

Pointing toward the ring of leaves, Puck turns toward Titus and Valeria with an exaggerated motion and, covering his mouth as though Grozny will not hear what he says (though quite clearly he will), he says, "Beware! Beware! For he protects thee, not him."

**********​

Having remained behind in seclusion, Volkmar watches the encounter with reservation. He would have desired a little more discretion on Puck's part. He absently shakes his head in annoyance.

MummyKitty

First Post
"Ah, little Puck has made his appearance." Titus says with surprise at the little man's appearance, not fully comprehending his warning but now more alert about Grozny's strange behavior and the circular ward.

He turns back to Grozny. "You see Herr Grozny, it has been some time since the single combat of generals has decided a battle. Armies have become a necessary instrument of diplomacy in these times. While we do not have an army at our disposal, we do have some attendants that do allow us to operate on more even terms with our mundane neighbors... and even creatures such as your wolf guardian. I would not dare to leave home without them. Nor will I march along a path unknown with you without my advisors and comrades, or army if you insist on using the term. And I'm afraid we will not all fit within your circle of petals..."

Titus thinks Valeria and himself fortunate to have not shaken Grozny's hand or approached him. If he understand's Puck's warning correctly, entering the circle may allow whatever is in there with Grozny to attack them. It... whatever it is, would surely wait for a magus to enter and not bother with a mundane soldier like Lucas....

Yair

Community Supporter
Grozny looks very surprised, both from Puck's behavior and Titus's reply. He glares at Valeria and Titus, not sure who to address, and settles on Titus. "I don't understand. What is it you want, precisely? Do you want me to take you to the path of wisdom, with all of them?" he waves his hand at all the gathered.
Shaking his head, he adds "I'll do that, if you insist. But if I do, I ask that I be allowed to take one thing in reward. If you are not thieves, that at least you would owe me for such service."

MummyKitty

First Post
"I've been honest with you Grozny. And I'll continue to be fair with you, so payment for your information and knowldege is not out of the question. But, I must know what it is exactly we would be paying for... and what it is you would have in exchange. No more riddles, let us get down to business."

He looks to Lady Valeria. "What do you say? Shall we treat with this man?"

Yair

Community Supporter
MummyKitty said:
"I've been honest with you Grozny. And I'll continue to be fair with you, so payment for your information and knowldege is not out of the question. But, I must know what it is exactly we would be paying for... and what it is you would have in exchange. No more riddles, let us get down to business."
"The gods expect you to make a sacrifice if you are to disturb the forest. You should make sacrifices, just as the forest makes sacrifices in animals and wood and blood. Since you refuse to let me take care of such matters, I can lead you to those who can teach you as they have tought me. Since it is that black stag that striked you, it is his master we must seek - Veles, the Hunter." He shrugs. "I can show you the path that leads to him, as I said, but I doubt it will do you any good."
"As for my reward, it is but a small thing. In the court of Veles there is a hedge garden, and in its center a fountain, and in this fountain lies a gold coin. I ask that, if you reach his court, you shall bring me back this coin. It isn't guarded, nor will it be missed."
"It is more than fair. Without my aid, I'm sure you'll never find the place anyways."

Nzld

First Post
Valeria whispers to Titus, in response to his inquiry, "It would seem we have little choice."

After Grozny has stated his terms and payment, Valeria further whispers, "A most peculiar request."

Yair

Community Supporter
Are We Done?

OOC
I appologize for my tardiness and lameness. I have little time to post, the plot isn't very good, and the interest from you all seems to have dropped as well. Under these circumstances, I don't see much choice but to officially end this game.

If there is interest, I'm willing to attempt salvaging the saga, but I just don't see how I can realisticaly do that.

I apologize especially to the new players, which didn't really get to play.

Yair

Remove ads