• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Theandric: Journeyman

MummyKitty

First Post
OOC: I'm still interested but if you don't have time to keep it going, maybe we can put it on hiatus for a while. Yair, I think the plot is excellent, and I apologize for not keeping it going better as a player. I always try to give everyone a chance to post rather than monopolize the situation with Titus's long-winded speeches. :) Plus I guess with the holidays I haven't had as much time to make long posts as I usually do. Of course, with the break next week I will be free to get back into it.

[sblock]Now, let's kill Grozny and destroy this heathen village, then go after Veles. What do you think, guys?![/sblock]

Sphynx

First Post
[sblock]I'm all for continueing, I read the forums twice a day, waiting for a chance to post. No interest lost here, and once I get into the game, I assure you, you'll be as excited to storytell as I am to play. I do vastly long story-driven posts when I do post. :)
[/sblock]
Sphynx

Yair

Community Supporter
The thing I hate about internet-communication, is that I have no feel for the other's state of mind. I was sure you all were doing the online equivalent of browsing through books and smalltalk. That kind of blew the winds out of my sails.

Since apparently there is interest, I will certainly continue the game.
Not immediately, though.
I'll think about how to best move forward, and post in the weekend.

Thanks all,
Yair

Yair

Community Supporter
“I’ll take that as a yes” Grozny says. “Good.” He looks at the sun. “It is early, or late, but I feel you want to set going immediately.”
He mumbles a silent prayer in Slavic, and breaks the circle with his finger. Standing up, he shouts something towards his house. A thin girl quickly pops out, with a haggard look. He barks something at her, and she quickly fades back into the house.
“Shall we get going, then?”

OOC:
I’ve decided to just continue with my original plan for now.
Sphynx, see the email I’ve sent you.

Volkmar and Puck the spirit get sucked into the woods as the ward is broken.

Lukas nad Mallok

Lukas walks side by side with Grozny, scanning the surronding for any suspicious things, and also the ground for any strange tracks, he wants to see if Grozny is leading them into a trap.

Mallok is walking behind Valeria, he will protect her vs. any thing that might pop out

MummyKitty

First Post
"Very well, lead on Herr Grozny," says Titus as he warily follows the village leader.

"Pavel, stay close to us," he whispers to the bird boy on his shoulder. Then, drawing close to Valeria, he asks softly in Latin, "What of Volkmar? We should certainly bring him along..."

He then catches back up to Grozny and attempts to engage him in some small talk. "Herr Grozny, please tell me some more about your village; how long it has been here and such. Also, this coin that you are interested in... beyond its position in the fountain, how shall we recognize it? Is it a Roman aureus by chance? I am a student of the past you see, and have some interest in coins and medallions myself, well, sculpture in general..."

Nzld

First Post
As the group ventures away, Puck whimsically prances in and out amongst the magi and other travellers, eventually returning to his habit of vanishing into the forest and reappearing at seemingly random moments. Volkmar continues to trail the party from within the forest until the group moves outside the village proper, at which time he quietly rejoins, taking up a rearguard position.

Yair

Community Supporter
MummyKitty said:
He then catches back up to Grozny and attempts to engage him in some small talk. "Herr Grozny, please tell me some more about your village; how long it has been here and such. Also, this coin that you are interested in... beyond its position in the fountain, how shall we recognize it? Is it a Roman aureus by chance? I am a student of the past you see, and have some interest in coins and medallions myself, well, sculpture in general..."
Grozny leads you through the forest. He doesn't seem to follow any reasonable path, and takes his time - thinking occasionally, tapping on trees, sometimes simply stopping for a few moments before going further. He isn't very talkative, and seems distracted by seeking the path.

"Hmm? Yes. The village... we have been here long, yes, before my time. And that is more time than I'd care to remember, young man."
"The coin? Don't worry, you'll recognize it. Can't mistake it. Not Roman, no. What would I want with a Roman coin? Just... a gold coin, alright, at the fountain, you can't mistake it."
"A student of the past?" he stops and looks over you and Valeria for a while, shakes his head, and smiles bitterly. "You're too young to know the past, lad. When you get to be my age, you'll know it aplenty."
At this point he notices Volkmar following them. Looking at the giant in dismay he adds "Not an army. Right."

After about half an hour of meandering travel, he stops. You stand at the head of a small trail, perhaps blazed by boars or other beast. It doesn't seem any different than a hundred other forest trails. Grozny seems very pleased, however. He motions towards the path triumphantly. "There it is - stay on the path, and it will lead you to Veles. If you reach him - do not forget my reward."

OOC: If anyone has any questions or anything to ask Grozny, ask now or forever hold your peace...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads