• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

There and Back Again, or trying to remember what was cool before Essentials came out

Dan'L

First Post
I've had some fun finding what powers I can filch from the Essentials builds & make them work with the pre-essentials classes. For instance, a pre-E Druid can now have an at-will weapon attack that actually keys off of its primary stat, so you can actually melee without having to shift into beast form. And many of the utilities can add some nice "leader" party buffs to complement the enemy hindering that the "controller" druid hands out.

Obviously, some e-classes have more to offer than others; it'd be nice if a pre-E ranger could pick up some controller-tude from the Hunter, for instance. But playing around with it to find new synergies to flavor old builds still has provided me with some good build-gawking time-passing.

-Dan'L

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads