• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E They Broke Arcane Archer!!!

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Are you guys arguing over whether Xanathar's Guide is poorly edited, or whether the OP's choice of words was appropriate for suggesting that Xanathar's Guide is poorly edited?

We're saying he's insulting people unnecessarily and rudely. If you want to call that semantics, go ahead.

This like complaining that Blizzard hasn't released a patch for your favorite character in Overwatch. But then finding out they totally already did that. Then spending the rest of your day complaining about what a bunch of ne'er do well's they are for not getting it right in the first place instead of playing the game.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Right. It either is incredibly damaging to your psyche, or it's just meh. There is no upside to reading it. It's not likely anyone walks away from it thinking, "I am so happy I read that, it made my day!" Unless I suppose you're already devoting your life to making artificial intelligence happen I suppose.

I was interested in reading it, it made my day better because I like learning about weird crap like that. It intrigues me that there are people that are so bought into the concepts involved that the mere knowledge of the Basilisk is actively harmful to them. Also, I'm amused, darkly, that by now knowing about it, I might actually be causing it to occur. If that's the case, nothing I can do about it, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case. The odds there's an malevolent AI simulating me to evaluate a binary decision tree that I don't believe works (much like Pascal's wager doesn't work) so that it can dominate the world via exercising that choice tree is pretty damn low. Low enough I'm okay with it.

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
I do feel for folks that splash out for a physical copy of XGTE tho. At least with a digital product it's relatively quick and painless (and considerably cheaper) to amend errors. A physical copy? Well, I guess folks can stick a printed sheet of the errata into their book - or rebuy an updated version in the future.

(Granted, I'm barely OT but honestly? We're in bat country.. :D)

neogod22

Explorer
"This should have been caught" is criticizing the work. "This is lazy" (which you said twice) is attacking the person directly because you're making an assumption about them. I know the difference, but it seems you don't.

What, are you 12? Look, I happen to have experience in this field, and with editing. So I know first hand what it's like, and armchair quarterbacks such as yourself throwing a fit and insulting people based on very flawed assumptions is something I'm going to point out. Especially when the solution is already there and the error wasn't that big of a deal. There's a reason why so many people have responded to you in the way they have. The only people that have agreed with you is a guy who freely admits to making fun of other gamers for fun, and another who thinks he's God's gift to editing while making at least two errors in the same post he was bragging about himself and his mad skills.

Maybe you need to step back and get some perspective. And avoid using misogynistic grade school insults while you're at it.
So what you're saying is, the word lazy triggered you, and you took that as a personal insult to the editor, and by proxy, an insult to yourself, and so I violated your safe place and brought all the feelings out because "it's hard work being an editor" who sits at a computer all day, not getting shot at, blown up, or working in the elements? Hard is a relative term. Grow some thicker skin and stop acting like a female dog.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Sacrosanct

Legend
So what you're saying is, the word lazy triggered you, and you took that as a personal insult to the editor, and by proxy, an insult to yourself, and so I violated your safe place and brought all the feelings out because "it's hard work being an editor" who sits at a computer all day, not getting shot at, blown up, or working in the elements? Hard is a relative term. Grow some thicker skin and stop acting like a female dog.

I hope you realize all you're doing is confirming my earlier suspicion about your age. I did have to admit I had to chuckle though at your tough guy talk. Just so you know, I'm also a veteran who spent all 6 years deployed overseas. I have literally been shot at, had stuff blow up, and spent more than my time in the elements. So....your wannabe tough guy act fails pretty hard lol.

neogod22

Explorer
I hope you realize all you're doing is confirming my earlier suspicion about your age. I did have to admit I had to chuckle though at your tough guy talk. Just so you know, I'm also a veteran who spent all 6 years deployed overseas. I have literally been shot at, had stuff blow up, and spent more than my time in the elements. So....your wannabe tough guy act fails pretty hard lol.
I literally don't care what you think. 6 years, good job. Thank you for your service. I did 13, but again, you took this personal and came at me, not the other way around.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads