• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

They're back: Return of the Slivers. [Updated 24/8-2005: Beware the Overlord!]

Krishnath

First Post
Wolf72 said:
um nope, I work with those kids who've been suspended/expelled ... and despite only speaking/reading english ... suffice to say, yours is excellent (and your spelling is fine)
It damn well better be, I got the equivalent of an A in english, and I never did my homework in it. :D

Krishnath

First Post
Medic!!!

And now, the victual sliver.

-

Sliver, Victual
Medium Aberration (Extraplanar, Sliver)
Hit Dice:
6d8+12 (39 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30’, climb 30’,
Armor Class: 18 (+2 Dex, +6 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 16,
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+10 (+4 grapple bonus)
Attack: Claw +6 melee (1d6+3)
Full Attack: Claw +6 melee (1d6+3) and bite +1 melee (1d4+1)
Space/Reach: 5’/5’
Special Attacks: Death Throes, Spell-like Abilities,
Special Qualities: Shared Ability,
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7,
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10,
Skills: Balance +5, Climb +11, Escape Artist +5, Jump +3, Listen +5, Move Silently +3, Spot +5, Swim +3, Tumble +3,
Feats: Alertness, Agile, Combat Reflexes,
Environment: Any
Organization: Swarm (20-80) or Hive (several thousand slivers of various types and one queen)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: -

Victual slivers are bred to be the healers of the sliver hive.
The skin of the victual sliver is a transparent silvery hue, allowing creatures that watch the sliver to see its intestines and skeleton. This can be quite unsettling to someone who has never seen a victual sliver before.
Victual slivers are most often encountered in the sliver queen’s chamber, helping the newborn proto-slivers to feed.

Combat:
Victual Slivers usually hang back, letting their shared abilities power up their kin. If pressed the sliver will defend itself to the best of its ability.
Spell-like abilities: At will – bless, cure light wounds (DC 11), deathwatch, delay poison, and remove disease. These are as the spells cast by a 6th level cleric. The saves are Cha based.
Death Throes (Ex): When killed a victual sliver lets loose a burst of stored up positive energy creating an effect like that of a Mass cure light wounds, except that it affects all creatures within a 60’ radius-burst centered on the victual sliver, allows no save, and heals 1d8+25 hp.
Shared Ability (Ex): All slivers within 60’ of the victual sliver gain its death throes ability.

-

Comments? Critique? Questions? Snackrifices?

Wolf72

Explorer
Krishnath said:
It damn well better be, I got the equivalent of an A in english, and I never did my homework in it. :D

you Un-American!!! ... ;) ... the way my kids work is ... is ... well they just don't, get anywhere from a 0-35 (65 is passing) and then complain about how no one teaches them anything. ...

m'k time to stop whining (I'm on summer break!) and time to get back to geeking.

slivers ... victual sliver looks really cool

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Krishnath said:

messing around on english-speaking messageboards for long enough should be more than enough of an education. ;)

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Hmmm. Death throes is like mass cure light wounds except for... almost everything. :)

For your snackrifice, may I present a litter of 8 immature golden gorgers? Aurumvorax meat is very rich, and a little heavy, but when harvested young is as tender as veal.

Krishnath

First Post
dedicated said:
Good, but wouldn't the slivers heal the heroes every time a sliver died?
Yeah, but it'll also heal a couple dozen to a couple of hundred slivers as well... :]

Cheiromancer: I think I'll raise them rather than eat them, see, there's this dwarven settlement on my territory...

Krishnath

First Post
It's monday, and you know what that means: Another new sliver, yay!

Presenting: The Blade Sliver.

-

Sliver, Blade
Medium Aberration (Extraplanar, Sliver)
Hit Dice:
6d8+12 (39 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30’, Climb 30’,
Armor Class: 18 (+2 Dex, +6 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 16,
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+10 (+4 grapple bonus)
Attack: Claw +6 melee (1d6+4)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +6 melee (1d6+4) and bite +1 melee (1d4+2)
Space/Reach: 5’/5’
Special Attacks: Augmented Criticals,
Special Qualities: Shared Ability,
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7,
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10,
Skills: Balance +5, Climb +11, Escape Artist +5, Jump +3, Listen +5, Move Silently +3, Spot +5, Swim +3, Tumble +3,
Feats: Alertness, Agile, Combat Reflexes,
Environment: Any
Organization: Swarm (20-80) or Hive (several thousand slivers of various types and one queen)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: -

‘I just got an adition to my parameter defenses, my patron was kind enough to send me some new guard dogs. These blade slivers are highly agressive, and armed with additional weaponry compared to other slivers. I am certain that they will prevent further incursion into my laboratory by those pesky adventurers that the druids continue to send.’ – Lanariel Shadowwing, Research Notes.

Blade Slivers are named after the metallic blades they have at the end of their claws.
A Blade slivers look much like normal slivers, but have one additional claw. The sliver is the color of terracotta. It’s claws end in metallic blades. The Blade Sliver is usually around 7’2’’ in length.

Combat:
Blade Slivers are highly aggressive, and is usually employed as guard dogs or shock troops by their hives. They are relentless combatants that never shy away from combat, not leaving the fray before either their opponents or they themselves are dead. This leads them to sometimes be used as a delaying tactic until more powerful slivers can join combat.
Augmented Criticals (Ex): The natural weapons of the blade sliver scores a critical threat on a natural roll of 18-20, dealing triple damage on a successful critical.
Shared Traits (Ex): All slivers within 60’ of the blade sliver gain access to the blade slivers Augmented criticals special quality. This ability is not cumulative.

-

Comments? Critizism? Questions? Snackrifices?

Remove ads