• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

They're Bringing Evil Back. ( 3.5 DnD )

DCrane1

First Post
Nairb heads towards the Welcome Wench, making sure to glare at anyone who didn't get out of his way. Snapping "I'll have an ale." as he enters the Inn, Nairb sits at the bar and waits for the barkeep to put his ale down in front of him. As he does Nairb throws down a few copper and asks him "You Gundigoot?" Nairb makes sure everyone in the bar notices his weaponry and shield, he also takes the time to stare at the serving girl, under his breath he mutters "Nice."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yun nods again "Thank you." Before the boy can leave, Yun is about to hand the boy a copper piece for a tip when he realizes that all he has is gold. Shrugging, he gives him a gold piece instead and then heads inside. Yun stands in the doorway for a moment surveying the room, his green eyes showing surprise. He has an average build, and a strong, athletic build and tanned skin. He is clearly rather young, probably around twenty years of age. He makes a futile attempt at flattening out his short, sun bleached blond which always seems to stick up in odd ways.

He was standing somewhat uncertainly in the doorway of the Welcome Wench, wondering just why there were so many women here. The last time he had been in a place with this many women it had been a brothel, and he hadn't known what that was at the time. He had followed a bounty there, and the woman who seemed to be in charge had been very gracious, simply asking that he wait until his target had finished his business there. A number of women had approached him, making friendly advances and he had first been too flustered to answer. Simply becoming redder and redder. When he finally managed to respond, it became apparent that these women were only interested in his gold, of which he had none with him. When they learned this, the group quickly dissipated. He spent the next few minutes waiting alone in nervous anticipation, wanting to get this over with and be out of this strange place. When he finally had spotted the man, coming down the stairs with a very pretty young woman on his arm, he immediately challenged him to surrender, without considering the fact that he had a convenient potential hostage nearby. The target however, did consider it, but as soon as the dagger was drawn, the woman unexpectedly slammed her heal onto the toe of his foot and fled, allowing Yun ample time to reach the man and subdue him. With that, he had fled the house of awkwardness and earned his reward, and now he was here. Still standing in this open doorway, looking at another large group of women surrounding a man. A bard by the look of him, and not a very good one at that.

He slowly inches out of the doorway, closing the door behind him and moving towards the counter with one very pretty young woman behind it, and a very large old man in front of it, standing next to another young woman with a very strange appearance. "Uh, excuse me miss. What is the fee for stabling my two horses and wagon?"

silentspace

First Post
A slender man, covered in dust, strides into town, his robes flowing about him. He looks around the town and scratches his head.

So this is Hommlet, he thinks. This is the place my father laid down his life to protect...

His feet seem to lead him straight to the Inn of the Welcome Wench. Giving his cloak a good shake to get rid of some of the dust of the road, Vendan strides into the inn and looks around. Spying an empty table he sits, observing the room. He catches the eye of a serving wench and calls her over.

"I'm in need of a room and a good meal." Stroking his chin, Vendan eyes the wench's curves for a moment before continuing. "So tell me, what's the specialty of the house? What kinds of delights do you offer? Please make me a recommendation"

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Vesta listens intently to Erik, her brow furrowed as he speaks. Slowly the confusion clears and recognition takes its place. "OH! You must be one of the men that were summoned. Right?" With Olster being sick he had made the proper arrangements, just in case this situation presented itself. The man had full trust in his daughter and had informed her that Burne and Rufus were expecting a slew of adventurers to complete a 'small' task. He hadn't gone into detail as he was basically sworn to secrecy, even if that recipient of the news was his daughter... you could never trust who may over hear. It took a few more minutes and she then turned to Jayla; the look upon her face was as if she was just hit with a sack of brick. "Of course! You must be Brin's niece. My father spoke of you as well. Burne and Rufus were expecting you also." Apparently her aunt had gotten in touch with her former comrades to let them know that things were going as planned and that she had sent her niece to aid them in whatever ways they needed. "Maridosen! Bring these folks whatever they wish to eat.." She was grabbing another tankard for Erik and filling it with the house brew; the process was repeated for Jayla as well. "Both of you will have rooms on the house." She looked puzzled, her eyes quickly scanning the crowd as more new comers entered. "There should be more of you. I was told a total of six. Mm.. " Her father hadn't really given her a description of what to be on the lookout for, just brief ideas. Setting down the mugs before Erik and Jayla, it is now that the rest of the party begins to wander in. Yun and Vendan make it easy for her as they simply resemble their fathers' looks. She smiles to each in turn, and before answering their questions she addresses them with her own inquiry. "You are looking for Olster Gundigoot, yes?" Maridosen returns from behind the curtain, the same sour expression painted out on her features as she carries with her two bowls of steaming stew and a hunk of bread for each Jayla and Erik. "Here." The food is slapped down in front of the duo and she quickly busies herself in tending to a few regulars that have made their way to the bar.

Nairb moves through the crowded Inn with little difficultly; the patrons moving out of the determined man's way. The town may have, once upon a time, rose up to fight a great evil.. but now the townfolk were content with the lack of confrontation. For the most part. Besides he looked like a man on a mission and nobody wished to interfere with that. He too gathers at the bar along with a handful of others, oddly it being the place of interest. As he approaches the bar 'wench' is addressing a few of the clientele that are gathered there: an obvious cleric of St. Cuthbert, a curious looking woman of the wild, a blond haired male that if he had to guess was a monk of some sort, and a man in wizarding robes. His first thought is that the group could make quite the group of brave souls - were they here for the same reason as he? "You Gundigoot?" Vesta doesn't even bother to look appalled at the ogling that Nairb has provided her with, and his question is answered with a bob of her head. "Aye! I'm sure I'm not the Gundigoot you seek, though. You too are in search of my father, Olster?" This was coming together excellently, the maid was figuring finding those that her father spoke of a difficult task, but all good things come to those that wait. More ale is poured and pushed before the men that had now gathered with Erik and Jayla. "One, two...we're missing one. I could've sworn my father said there would be six of you."

Meanwhile, outside. Serin is having quite the hard time picking up any particular conversation. Nothing he hears seems to be more important bit of news than another, and the noise of someone singing horribly off-key makes it even more difficult to over hear anything. He does however hear Erik's demand crystal clear. "Ostler Gundigoot!" Were they seeking this Olster for the same reason? Had he found the man Rufus and Burne spoke of? Peering in a nearby window, the rogue can make out the cleric he had seen in the streets standing at the bar conversing with the bar maiden.

silentspace

First Post
TwistedMindInc said:
Yun and Vendan make it easy for her as they simply resemble their fathers' looks. She smiles to each in turn, and before answering their questions she addresses them with her own inquiry. "You are looking for Olster Gundigoot, yes?"

Vendan blinks. "Never heard of him." He looks forlornly at the food that was placed before Jayla and Erik. He nods at them as they look over, catching him staring at their food. Getting the serving girl's attention again, he says "Now miss, that doesn't look so bad. What is it?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yun's surprise is apparent on his face when the beautiful young woman turns to smiles at him and then ask him if he is looking for the exact person he is looking for. "Uh, yes, how did you know?" Maridosen comes and goes, and he wonders at the sour expression on her face as he gives her a quick glance. He then looks over at the man who is just approaching the bar, leering at the woman behind the counter and speaking in a most thuggish manner. "Excuse me, sir. I must request that you look upon this woman with more respect."

hero4hire

Explorer
TwistedMindInc said:
Vesta listens intently to Erik, her brow furrowed as he speaks. Slowly the confusion clears and recognition takes its place. "OH! You must be one of the men that were summoned. Right?" With Olster being sick he had made the proper arrangements, just in case this situation presented itself. The man had full trust in his daughter and had informed her that Burne and Rufus were expecting a slew of adventurers to complete a 'small' task. He hadn't gone into detail as he was basically sworn to secrecy, even if that recipient of the news was his daughter... you could never trust who may over hear. It took a few more minutes and she then turned to Jayla; the look upon her face was as if she was just hit with a sack of brick. "Of course! You must be Brin's niece. My father spoke of you as well. Burne and Rufus were expecting you also." Apparently her aunt had gotten in touch with her former comrades to let them know that things were going as planned and that she had sent her niece to aid them in whatever ways they needed. "Maridosen! Bring these folks whatever they wish to eat.." She was grabbing another tankard for Erik and filling it with the house brew; the process was repeated for Jayla as well. "Both of you will have rooms on the house." She looked puzzled, her eyes quickly scanning the crowd as more new comers entered. "There should be more of you. I was told a total of six. Mm.. " Her father hadn't really given her a description of what to be on the lookout for, just brief ideas. Setting down the mugs before Erik and Jayla, it is now that the rest of the party begins to wander in. Yun and Vendan make it easy for her as they simply resemble their fathers' looks. She smiles to each in turn, and before answering their questions she addresses them with her own inquiry. "You are looking for Olster Gundigoot, yes?" Maridosen returns from behind the curtain, the same sour expression painted out on her features as she carries with her two bowls of steaming stew and a hunk of bread for each Jayla and Erik. "Here." The food is slapped down in front of the duo and she quickly busies herself in tending to a few regulars that have made their way to the bar.

Erik gave the cobalt eyed woman a sideways glance and a slight nod of recognition before taking a seat and closed his eyes silently blessing of the food he was about to recieve.
He opened one eye upom hearing;
"Excuse me, sir. I must request that you look upon this woman with more respect."

He grunted, unclasped his hands and turned in his chair to get a better view of what exactly was transpiring.

Zoycitenega

First Post
Jayla nods back to Eric and looks at her apparent party members, mumbling to herself, Six? I had no idea there were going to be so many.

Borson

First Post
Hearing the name of the man he is looking for shouted by the priest, Serin pays close attention to how the man is received. Serin sees other men enter and it seems there is now a group of 5 individuals, who are obviously not regular townfolk, due to the equipment they are carrying. Hmm, since the priest was looking for Olster Gundigoot, and now there are four others, this summoning letter is likely genuine. he thinks. Determining the Inn is safe, Serin enters just as there seems to be confrontation between two of the out-of-towners, maybe he was wrong about this being a safe-place...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads