Thieves World

Mr Fidgit

First Post
Crothian was talking about doing a game before the series of books starts

--and i just read that story, 'Down by the Riverside' in book 7.

"Dear heart," said the Queen of hell [to Death himself], "a dog followed me home. Can I keep it?"

priceless!:D

the Queen even said 'a four-person trinity?', i'm not sure there is a word for that. (Siveni, Mriga, Harran and Tyr)

Mr Fidgit

First Post
no, but he will be.

i think the point is to let the books be a guideline, but not force the PCs (or the DM) into a particular timeline. this also prevents the players from having too much fore-knowledge of coming events -- and it would allow the possibility of the PCs having an impact on Sanctuary.

Dragongirl

First Post
That doesn't make a lick of sense to me. If you are going to arbitrarily decide when to have it set, you don't have to do it before any of the novels, and you don't have to followthe novels after the time you choose.

Crothian

First Post
Dragongirl said:
That doesn't make a lick of sense to me. If you are going to arbitrarily decide when to have it set, you don't have to do it before any of the novels, and you don't have to followthe novels after the time you choose.

Here's the plan. We would start a few months before Prince Kittcat arrives. THis way the characters experience the changes Prince Kitty Cat makes or tries to make. I am going to follow the novels, sort of. Not everything that happens in the novels is wide known. So, while Tempest gets captured by Kurd and is rescued by Hanse, for instance, I highly doubt the characters will be aware of these events. THey will know Tempest vanishes. They might witness Tempest trying to repay Hanse later.

The Beysib invansion and the deal with Ichade and Rozane I might not deal with. I'd have to see how the game is going and what the characters are before deciding to use them.

Crothian

First Post
Dragongirl said:
When you do gods, what time frame are you going with? Personally I would love to see the Trinity of . . Silveni (sp?) between her, the cripple, Harran and the dog . . oh that is 4 . . . what do you call that?

I have no idea. I'll have to reread some stuff and take some serious notes to try to figure things out.

Crothian

First Post
Dragongirl said:
Ah, well that makes more sense to me Crothian. :) By the way, it is Tempus, not Tempest :)

The sad thing is I actually just finished the book called Tempus and still type the wrong type and say the wrong thing. :D

Dragongirl

First Post
Guess I should start reading my TW books again, thank goodness my reading book collection is huge. If I do, do you want me to take notes on what I find interesting?

Mr Fidgit

First Post
Dragongirl said:
do you want me to take notes on what I find interesting?
that's exactly what i've been doing :D (and why i keep posting things to this thread)

so, does that make us Professor Crothian's research assistants? :p

Remove ads