Things that are better with bacon

AuroraGyps

First Post
Well, I've now added bacon to my grocery list, of which I'm going to go do later, thanks to this thread. ;) Of course, in this weather, I have no idea how I'm going to cook it since I found my fav. way was to bake it, on a cookie cooling rack, on a cookie tray. I suppose I can nuke it. I will not buy that pre-cooked bacon stuff since I bought it once and was pretty sick after (whether that was really the culprit, I don't know, but I'm not taking any chances).
My fav. way of eating bacon is to just eat it. If I'm feeling less lazy, I'll just put it on some bread with a bit of mayo. Mmmmm!!!
Also, one of my fav. sayings is "makin' bacon naked". I'm not saying I do so or not :p , but it's fun to say, like some of my other fav. words like ameboa, vestibule, and so many others. :D

Seance

First Post
Hmmm I think one of the best bacon-maddness dishes I have been exposed is the lovely and talented 'Hog tickler'. This is basically when you take a bratwurst and wrap in with one (or two) strips of bacon. Secure the bacon to the brat. Slap those suckers on the grill and wait for the magic to happen! Before you know it you too will be trying to dial 911 but your grease drenched fingers will keep slipping off the buttons--Enjoy!

On a more somber note I would have to say that the best thing to eat with bacon is actually...well...people!!!

semi-relevant Vegetarian rant:[sblock]I stopped eating meat fifteen years ago.

It hasn't even appealled for a long time. I recently got some beef in my Taco Bell ordered and thought I was going to hurl. Dead animals in my food . . . *shudder* yechhK!

Occasionally, some idiot thinks it would be funny to try to talk me into eating meat again: "But it's so good> You have to eat meat to be healthy. That's what God put animals here for, is for us to eat. What are you, some kind of sissy?"

Naturally, this is no more effective than if I told all of you that dog feces were the best thing since d20.[/sblock]This thread makes me want to eat bacon and lets me imagine that I would enjoy it. Thank you for the recipes, everyone. I've subscribed to this thread so I can come back later for recipes for entertaining guests.

Remove ads