• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thinking of starting a cut down CoC game...

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'm thinking of running a Call of Cthulhu game (based on the D20 version headed by Monte Cook). By cut down, I mean that I would probably cut out spellcasting, maybe cut psionics, and either remove or "hide" sanity from the players. I realize to some that wouldn't be CoC, but I've found that I'm just not comfortable with how it seems to play out. That isn't to say it's a bad mechanic, but I think my games go better without it.

The game would be set in the future, at an underground arctic research base. Characters could come from a science/business/military background primarily. Anyone that would fit in as a legitimate entity at such a location would work (even a janitor).

This thread is mostly to test interest. The game length would be relatively short by PbP standards, hopefully only taking a few months to go from start to finish.

Party size should be 4 or less. Potentially as few as 2.

Randomphoria

First Post
Sounds fun!

I haven't played a game like this since the year before last.

I just joined these forums, but have been playing d20 games for around 4 years now. In if there is enough interest for there to be a game. Possibly a security guard type character.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads