Thirst for power (Finished) (Knight Otu judging)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: The only particularly usefull think in my sig is a quick link to Banion's character sheet. Banion's mindblade is currently charged with psychic strike energy, and he will recharge it periodically as a move action.

"So you want us to investigate a smuggling ring and provide the information needed to bring them down?" Banion sums up.

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: I edited my first post with a link to Beamer's character sheet.

IC: "Well, I'm sure we would all agree that secrecy is best for ourselves as well as yourselves. A good way to stop a hunter is to remove his hounds if you catch my meaning." Beamer thinks to himself, It seems I am all to proficient at finding ways to make powerful enemies. "For clarity sake, that would be the Orussus City Council, or the Gotian City Council? You are residents of Gotian yourselves? We'll need a cover story. I imagine a group as unusual as our own would be likely to occasion comment if we just show up and start asking questions. Do you have any way to contact the smugglers? Perhaps we could arrange to become new recruits to their effort."

Someone

Adventurer
"I mean the Gotian city council" answers the man in black. "We´re members of said council, have in mind we´re in a uncomfortable position. The captain of the watch is appointed by the council, but without hard evidence we won´t remove him from his position. Also, you must understand that the sheer bulk of the stolen goods would make very difficult to sell them for anyone not already handling lots of stuff."

The fat man interrupts: "Gotian has a proud merchant tradition. We compete with each other ruthlessly, I must say. But if that means a fellow merchant is attacking our ships and caravans, that´s going too far. Too far! We´ve had our differences, but theft is... You must find out who´s that man. You must!" he exclaims, and them wipes his brow with an embroidered hankerchief.

The man in black speaks again: "About contacting the smugglers, notice Idrag is the captain of the city guard. He commands the city´s armed forces, and therefore is in charge of maintaining streets safe and defending the city and immediate surroundings against wandering monsters, criminals and hostile humanoids. He´s a very well known person, and efficient in his work. You won´t have problems finding him, though I don´t recommend you to walk up to him and accuse him of a crime. He´s a little short in the ´pity´ and ´patience´ department."

"Perhaps we could arrange to become new recruits to their effort."

"A bold plan, but the actual ´smuggling´ finished months ago, when adventurers contacted by him" says nodding at the gnome "killed the pirates. There must still be many evidences against them; what are them and how to get them is your task."

Patlin

Explorer
"Wait... do I understand that the smuggle that you know of is still at large? And in control of your city's entire military establishment? Even if we gather all the information you need, won't that simply start a civil war?"

Someone

Adventurer
The merchants seems shocked by Banion´s words, and it takes several seconds for them to react. "Pah. That´s not possible." They say, replacing surprise with disdain. "The council controls the guards since we manage the flow of money. And again, there´s no smuggling ring. That´s gone. And Idrag has been loyal all this time, with one exception. Don´t worry, Gotian isn´t in danger."

Patlin

Explorer
Banion takes a moment to make sure his face is carefully blank before asking his next qeustion.

"Very well. That is, of course, your area of expertise and not ours. We have yet to discuss, however, the matters of payment and advances for supplies. As you can see, we lack a healer. We will need, at a minimum, an advance covering the purchase of a healing wand and several healing potions... unless of course, you can provide a healer to travel with us."

Someone

Adventurer
"Healer? Avoiding fights would be better, having in mind that you don´t have to kill anybody, just uncover some information."

"Anyway, we think that a reward equivalent of what the last group got would be more than adequate. Rounding up, that´s the equivalent to 5000 suns, with 1000 in advance. Would that be ok?"

Patlin

Explorer
If this job get as screwed up as the last job I went on, no that's not enough. Banion thinks. Unless I'm ready to retire, though....

He looks over at the others to gauge their reaction.

ooc: a "sun" is a gold piece, right?

Remove ads