Thirst for power (Finished) (Knight Otu judging)

Xaov

First Post
Hmm
Azaroth thinks to himself

5000 crowns for gathering information I could support that.

Very well I'm in.

SlagMortar

First Post
"We'll try to avoid fights as much as possible, but these things have a way of occassionaly becoming violent. A thousand in advance should cover our precautions. What constitutes success? Do you need hard physical evidence? Documents showing Idrag's involvement? Reliable witnesses?"

Someone

Adventurer
""Sounds good to me. Where can we find Idrag?"

"He spends most of his time fulfilling his duty, so you can find him in the guard quarters most of the time, I´d say. I don´t, eh, care about what he does in his free time."

SlagMortar said:
"What constitutes success? Do you need hard physical evidence? Documents showing Idrag's involvement? Reliable witnesses?"

"Any of that will do, but only if it can convince a court. Since most probably, we´re speaking of a powerful man with many resurces, evidence needs to be abundant and conclusive."

"Any other question? I know there´s a ship leaving for Gotian tomorrow. We´re going to leave the city today, but of course it´s convenient we´re not seen together arriving at the city."

Patlin

Explorer
Someone said:
"Any of that will do, but only if it can convince a court. Since most probably, we´re speaking of a powerful man with many resurces, evidence needs to be abundant and conclusive."

"What sort of courts are we talking about in Gotian? Inquisitorial? Innocent until proven guilty? 'I declare thee a smuggler and a thief and am prepared to prove thy villainy upon thy body?'"

SlagMortar

First Post
After allowing a response to Banion's question, Beamer chimes in, "So you suspect another merchant who currently operates in Gotian. Do you believe this merchant to be primarily based in Gotian or a foreign merchant trying to gain a greater foothold? Any suspicions you have would be useful as I imagine few know the goings on of the city as well as its council. What sorts of products were stolen and what merchants deal in those products in Gotian? Are there any merchants who were not dealing in the products before the theft, but are now selling those sorts of products?"

Someone

Adventurer
Patlin said:
"What sort of courts are we talking about in Gotian? Inquisitorial? Innocent until proven guilty? 'I declare thee a smuggler and a thief and am prepared to prove thy villainy upon thy body?'"

The merchant smiles. "One with a magistrate. In few words, the accuser and accused takes turns in arguing and presenting evidence, then the judge decides who´s right and punishment according to law."

"So you suspect another merchant who currently operates in Gotian. Do you believe this merchant to be primarily based in Gotian or a foreign merchant trying to gain a greater foothold? Any suspicions you have would be useful as I imagine few know the goings on of the city as well as its council. What sorts of products were stolen and what merchants deal in those products in Gotian? Are there any merchants who were not dealing in the products before the theft, but are now selling those sorts of products?"

"You´re right, it could be someone foreign" says while his face darkens. "But then, why take the stolen goods to the city? It would have been easier to embark them elsewere, using boats." he reasons. "Everything points to a local man. But anyway, the reward is still up if you discover it´s not the case."

"The goods were a variety of commodities, like fine wood, copper ingots, manufactures... the cargo of several ships that was stolen. Nothing out of the ordinary. If you´re thinking that they were waiting for some item of special significance, we can´t know that since the pirates were still there and waiting for more when the other group arrived and wiped them out."

SlagMortar

First Post
"I was more thinking that a good initial suspect list would be merchants who sell the types of goods that were stolen. A merchant who does not normally sell any of the stolen items would have a harder time liquidating those goods. We will start with the local merchants, but keep an eye open for any other suspicious activity."

Someone

Adventurer
"Very well. Anything else?" nods the merchant. "If not, take this..." continues while getting out a piece of parchment, and writes something in it, giving it to you. "I already made contact with the Orussus office of Aughad the banker. Present this to him and he´ll pay you 1000 gold pieces."

Xaov

First Post
Azaroth asks.

Those items seem to be all used for military purposes. The fine wood and Ingots would be perfect for say bronze spears etc. Are there currently any conflicts that Goatian is involved in? Or on the brink of being involved in?

Remove ads