this is a bit on harassment.. yes another complain.. but please read

Lexla

First Post
This is for the few people that think this site is RETARDED

1. DON’T diss players or the group characters. Oh well theres lots of clichés and stuff. DON’T say there NOT creative because they chose something they LIKE its not a CRIME. Creative is the personality of a character NOT what there race/ creature/ beings are. Nor because they cant spell etc! Don’t diss players because of this its NOT cool. Its retarded don’t do it.
2. STOP with the harassment if someone says to leave them alone leave them alone that simple. DO NOT come on as one or ALL of your other characters to bug the crap out of them and NOT leave them alone.
3. DO NOT FALSE IDENTY- DO NOT PRETEND THAT YOU ARE SOMEONES FRIEND OR A DIFFERENT PLAYER. THIS GOES WITH THE HARASSMENT DON’T FREAKIN DO IT! ITS NOT SOMETHING YOU SHOULD DO!
4. NO ONE is perfect at spell or English. OK (I suck at spelling and English for example) If they don’t make sence just ask them to explain
5. There is no one I repeat NO ONE that is an expect and is still not working on rping. Everyone is improving in there own way. DO NOT SAY THEY CAN NOT IMPROVE THAT’S B.S.!!!
6. Don’t get bad because someone misreads everyone does it now and then.
7. Don’t assume you know the player/ character or whatever. Because you more then likely don’t. for instance I like to say bloody tend to use it when I’m hyper, mad, excite, etc. Don’t automatically assume
8. This site is an awesome site. Sure it has this and that problems and theres a load of complaining right now (hinthint this is probably one) there isn’t a real reason to be rude to anyone.

Ok I think that’s it… I’ll add to it if I think of anything else..
Or you all can too ^-^ that would be awesome

I don’t really care if you agree or disagree with this. Im just tired of being harassed with this stuff, and posting it so all know what to look out for (if you don’t already). This ISNT suppose to sound like an Magi or anything… it just maybe retard but posting it anyways. So there’s my I guess complaint

Magi’s if you have anything else to post to this it would be awesome to here them ^-^

*shuts up now*

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Can we set up a suggestion box? For the Magi. Where you enter in suggestions in 25 words or less? LOL, use the KISS (keep it simple stupid) principle? Maybe have some verification method, like in meetings where you put forth an idea and two people've gotta agree before it's considered? I dunno, but right now, I think the players are makin' their (the Magi) lives hell.

Same for maybe a player/character complaint box, where you list your top 5 beefs in 10 words or less each, and update them as you see fit; that way no one can really jump up and down and say they dont understand where you're coming from and you have the place/time/space to vent frustrations?

And then...we can get back to the general polite chit-chat fun loving, -RPing- that we all used to do in our spare time.

Last edited:

The amount of complaining threads that this site is generating is astonishing...can we like, cool it down for a small bit now? Please?

If you have a problem, talk to Magi's or something, I don't see the need to post on every single small encounter.

Thanks,

~John

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
Please keep on topic, complaining about the complaining doesn't help anyone.

There is a ISRP Magi mailbox specifically to allow people to lodge reports, complaints, feedback or send warm fuzzies: isrpmagi@gmail.com

Harassment is a serious issue and if you have any questions or concerns about it, this is a good thread to air them in. Do post.

Don't harass the thread creator.

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Off topic:

I'm allowed to send you guys warm fuzzies...omg, you're gonna get swamped on Valentines!

On topic:
I worry sometimes, if a lot of harrassment that seems to be occurring here actually happens on site. I know that most arguements I'm involved in with other players (Yes there have been a few) are certainly done so off-site, and off-mind of other players/participants of ISRP. Why? Because when I argue I definately break the CoC.

Where's the line of your jurisdiction Gabe? If I have an external arguement, then bring it internal do you have to do something about it? Or am I logical in thinking that maybe I should deal with it myself?

Similarly, I dont think everyone is ever going to all get along. It doesn't happen in RL, it definately wont start here. I cant work out why we get to harrass you guys about it! :confused:

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
Due to technological constraints and privacy issues, Harassment as per the Code of Conduct can only occur on site. Magi can't be responsible for moderating what people say in Instant Messengers, on other forums, if they throw apples at you at school, etc. There are other ways to deal with these problems and we simply don't have authority to investigate off site.

The first step to stopping harassment is always to private message the person harassing you and tell them in clear (but not rude, please) terms that you want them to stop and why. If they stop, or you two come to an agreement to live and let live or have any other happy ending then it's a happy ending and no Magi need ever be involved.

If they continue with harassing you or escalate it then please do report it to the Magi along with the specifics (what screen names and rooms were involved, where you told them to stop and preferably key log snippets) at isrpmagi@gmail.com and we'll investigate and action as appropriately.

It is important to first tell them to stop/try to resolve it yourself as it's quite possible in many cases the person thinks its acceptable or is just part of the fun (particularly if the harassment is IC).

It's also equally important you not harass them back or try to deal with the matter by escalating it it or breaking the Code of Conduct yourself.

Lexla

First Post
thats true that they cant over IM but once the person as been told to stopped and blocked. Then harassing moved out of there and on to the site. I couldnt sit there and try to block all his characters he said it him self that he could do it all night with all his characters. And I wasnt refering this to IC its all OOC
what do you do then???

Last edited:

Tharivious

First Post
Call me crazy, but at that point I'd compile a list of his characters that he's used to create this chain of harassment, the player's email address, and a precise time frame on when the harassment occurred, and deliver it to the Magi email. If they don't know that it's a malicious chain of events, they won't necessarily put it together just from the chat log.

You know, exactly what Gabe said. :p

Lexla

First Post
thanks Gabreil and Tharivious. ^-^ might have misread something in gab's but thanks. too both of you.
ooh there it is *points to a sentence that she misread*

Remove ads