this is a bit on harassment.. yes another complain.. but please read

Lonanae

First Post
I've been harrassed like crazy just in this past month, I believe the same person who has done it to you, Lexla, was the same person who did it to me and I didn't find it appealing or safe at all. It actually scared me when he started to say very evil things about my son and so forth. I told him to stop and he told me the same thing as he did you, "I can do this all night, and you would never know who I play." Maybe he just has a problem and has to vent on us?

Alright, back on topic, I personally would love exactly what Ariel said. A comment box where we can say what we want in a few words. Might not help for some people but the people who actually like this site and want to play here peacefully might just accept this.

And for the most part, when someone says to stop; this means to STOP. Not stop with that character and bring another in. I'll not post on this thread again, I've already said my peace. For those who disagree, that's your opinion and I believe in a 'to each their own' way.

Mortonia

First Post
You know, the one thing I miss the about the old I-Chat site is the /ignore command.

Well, that and the buddy lists, but I digress.

Lonanae said:
I told him to stop and he told me the same thing as he did you, "I can do this all night, and you would never know who I play."

That's actually the wrong quote. I believe I said, "I can still roleplay with you, and you would never know who I play."

Because I don't change characters to "harass" anyone.

I didn't do it with you.

And I didn't do it to Lexla, at least on purpose. My goal was to try and repair what happened. When she said stop, I stopped.

Tharivious

First Post
John a.k.a. Sir D said:
Don't forget what you did to me, Lonanae.
John, allow me to impart an old set of wise words that you may find will come in handy:

An eye for an eye will leave the world blind.

It will also tend to leave you with few to call friends that can be relied on to interact with you, and tends to be off-putting to those that haven't yet formed opinions about you.

In other words, as has been mentioned in several other threads recently (good grief, these complaint threads do tend to all run together eventually, don't they?), there are no exceptions to the CoC. You cannot justify harassment of any sort by citing actions of another. This is supposed to be a civilized community, not a place to exact vigilante justice. When someone asks you to stop bothering them (in an out of character manner, of course - otherwise you run into ambiguity), you stop. It's a part of being polite and courteous to those that share this community.

Mortonia said:
You know, the one thing I miss the about the old I-Chat site is the /ignore command.
Indeed, though I never used it personally. Can't say that I miss the old "waves the iggy stick" nonsense, though. That was usually as unnecessarily obnoxious as the people being ignored.

Tharivous- I stop when people say to stop.

And everyone's getting involved in what is supposed to be a confidential matter. I don't think that we should be discussing this on a public board. I'll be in the chat as Asterix all day, awaiting to discuss this with Magi.

Mortonia

First Post
Tharivious said:
Indeed, though I never used it personally. Can't say that I miss the old "waves the iggy stick" nonsense, though. That was usually as unnecessarily obnoxious as the people being ignored.

Oh no no. My favorites was "casts powerword ignore".

But back to the topic at hand...

Magi_Apolline

ISRP Moderator
John a.k.a Sir D said:
Tharivous- I stop when people say to stop.

And everyone's getting involved in what is supposed to be a confidential matter. I don't think that we should be discussing this on a public board. I'll be in the chat as Asterix all day, awaiting to discuss this with Magi.

I'm sorry, John, but you made this non-confidential by exposing yourself. I recommend that we try to keep this thread as non-personal as possible. If requested by the OP, the thread can be closed.

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
John a.k.a Sir D said:
Technically this thread shouldn't have been posted. It was directed at just me, when it should have been discussed with the Magi.

You're not mentioned anywhere in the original post, or even is your identity implicated or hinted at that I can see. People have a right to state their thoughts on issues and if you provoke them that will probably inspire them to speak up their minds.

You wanted to state it was you that it was about, that was your decision. If you really thought it was a violation you should have hit the "report" button instead of criticising the thread starter and then identifying yourself.

Sorry John, you can't have it both ways.

Remove ads