• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

This is a Troll [meta-thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdavis

First Post
Slips in another quick post before thread gets nuked. Restates all previously given statements, tries to make comments on every topic and subtopic that was brought up, takes firms stand on view of the world then realizes that view of the world has not been given yet, gives view of the world skirting off limit topics by using D&D references as thinly veiled cover.

Agrees with Baraendur once again then goes into longwinded discussion on why Baraendur is actually wrong in this case. Covers obvious personal insult flung at Baraendur by adding smiley faces :D :D :D :D Agrees with everybody else that Baraendur is wrong, completly ignoring the fact that I agreed with him myself earlier in the post.

Last edited:

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Poigniantly notes that there is no relationship between good drow and Barqs Rootbeer. Disagrees with Jdavis by agreeing with each individual point made, but noting that the argument fails as a whole. Makes crude suggestion about Jdavis's parentage, but adds twice as many smilies afterwards as he used to cleverly disguise trollish intent :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D. Scoffs once more at the moderators and Eric Noah. Suggests that all the naysayers to my original topic deserve to be playing Elminster's Henchmen. References several ongoing threads that I've never posted to. Ends with an invitation to agree with my original assertion or smell something unpleasant.

Gez

First Post
After having read the first 3 posts in that thread, had stayed out of it. Heh, +4 dodge against trolls I have ! But, after seeing that thread stay healthy and on top, I finally decide to intervene.

Looking quickly at the theme of the last four posts, I post something that's somewhat on-topic, but that subtly involve provocative political and religious declarations in a way that could hurt Eric's Grandma (like "better a president that is sucked than a president that sucks"), and that also features some not-so veiled insults directed at certain well-known moderators, in the hope that they finally close this thread.

Then leave the thread, and hope it works.

Last edited:

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Logs in after checking e-mail and before going to work. Is amazed to see that the flaming troll is still alive and kicking. Concludes that Moderators must all be busy watching the Godzilla movie marathon on cable. Is worried that comment from Gez may shut it down, so posts a long message about the administrations of several early 19th century U.S. presidents to make it appear that he was talking about historical rather than current politics. Hopes that attempt at damage control does not hijack the thread, as happened once when making a post about William Shatner's singing career on a 'Book of Vile Darkness' thread. Makes one more comment about original topic, followed by another Story Hour plug, then leaves.

Vecna

First Post
Post the reasons because I don't like and I'll never buy an announced sourcebook. My arguments are based solely on rumors. Last sentence of the rant is "WotC just wants our money".

Deadguy

First Post
Attempts to answer psijack's question in such a way as to seem cleverly to link it to the topic - or rather one of the topics - of this rambling thread. Realises halfway through writing it that in fact it has no connection, but decides to post anyway out of pride.

In order to maintain credibility makes a small, jokey aside to Gez's political remarks that are guaranteed to be read by someone as inflammatory.

KB9JMQ

First Post
Decides to read thread after it reappears on the front page.
Not realizing I had posted to this thread before by accident.
After reading a couple of pages decides a troll thread is not the kind of thread I want to break out of lurking mode on.
Goes back to General page while keeping post count low again.:D

seasong

First Post
Silver Moon said:
Finally comes upon something fresh, although unrelated to the original topic, and quotes that. Speaks briefly about the quote then moves back to the original topic, saying what was said before in a slightly different way. Takes a cue from Seasong, and finishes with a Story Hour pimp.
Calls Silver Moon on story hour pimping, and asks that Silver Moon stay on topic if Silver Moon is going to be hawking wares. Does not post own sig, so as to seem less hypocritical.

Magic Rub

First Post
Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah. Wah wah wah wah wah! Wah wah wah wah wah, Wah wah wah wah wah...

WAH WAH WAH WAH!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wah wah wah? :rolleyes:

Wah) Wah wah wah wah?
Wah) Wah wah?
Wah) Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah?

:confused: :mad: :rolleyes: :D

Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah.
;)

Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah, wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah. Wah wah wah. Wah wah wah wah wah :D. Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads