• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

This is a Troll [meta-thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdavis

First Post
completly agrees with above statement, uses this as a springboard for posting more smiley faces.

:rolleyes: ;) :eek: :eek: :confused: :p :D :cool:

insults famous people not involved in any way then tries to link them back to people on the tread, uses smiley faces to make them look like compliments. Holds up all moderators as saints who work miracles, stands by the rights of good drow to drink root beer of their choice, agrees with all disagreements on previous agreements. Make snide off hand remark that moderators must be too busy with the hivemind threads to close this one, add smiley faces to cover own butt with moderators and hivemind:D Post links to Meta thread started to complain about this thread.

Give own views on previous political statements then complain wildly that such discussions have no place here.

Last edited:

Deedlit

First Post
Makes a post comparing those on the side Baraendur supports to Nazis, Hitler, or something else equally controversial. Also adds in something speculating about what exactly the question to 42 is, which has nothing to do with the original topic.

Bugaboo

First Post
Assuming a persona noncongruent with my true identity, I attempt to ridicule the thread itself and people who are oblivious to their own sense of superiority. I do this by cutting the first message that raises my artificial ire...

Baraendur said:
I am making ...

... and proceed to pick it apart, addressing each word, phrase or punctuation in turn. "Making," for example, is a verb I strongly disagree with.

... an inflamatory remark about WotC...

And here I am perturbed at the use of an acronym. I castigate you for not spelling out the full name of the company.

... gamer ...

Please clarify the use of this word. I think you may have insulted me, my family, my nationality, or my religion in some way.

... something else ... appears to be ... a real ... flaming commence.

And finally, I mangle the initial message completely out of context and argue against the imaginary issue with horrendous logic.

I conclude with an opinion about your mistaken thesis, possibly repeating what someone else said earlier in the five pages I refused to read. I stand prepared to argue further.

Sciurus Rex

First Post
Mistakenly posts inconsequential message wiht obvious misspelings twice -- "I agree with teh prevous message poster." Then appologizes for own stupidity and failure to master simpelest computer skills.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Checks back with the thread, being suprised that it is still alive, especially given the new political comments. Is also genuinely disappointed to see that the morning's post, with references to Godzilla, William Shatner's singing, and the Book of Vile Darkness, did not cause the thread to spin off into a new direction. Decides to make a new posting, pulling out the flamethrower.

Tells Baraendur that after careful consideration, he is TOTALLY WRONG! Goes on to steal a few main points used by prior Baraendur critics to justify the statement. Ignores Seasong's comment and puts in another pimp for own Story Hour. Makes one final attempt to derail thread, mentioning the current Pepsi commercial with the Osborne family. Exits feeling very satisfied with self.

Last edited:

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I'll lurk for about 25 minutes, wondering all the while why I keep reading this. Suddenly, I'll remember I promised my wife I'd come home early from work, and log out. Then, I'll think this is kind of funny, log back in, and post this reply. No really.

baradtgnome

First Post
Re: you are now enlightened

baradtgnome said:
Waits in vain for the gratitude of enlightened masses...

Notices with dissapointment that the masses remain un-enlightened.

Makes pointless and useless comments about own previous post that no one will read instead they will skip to next post without fin...

Arken

Explorer
Deedlit said:
Makes a post comparing those on the side Baraendur supports to Nazis, Hitler, or something else equally controversial. Also adds in something speculating about what exactly the question to 42 is, which has nothing to do with the original topic.

Am thrown off by the final comment into detatiled discussion of The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy in which I state that it is 'great' yet annoy the entire board by insisting on using the acronym THHGTTG repetedly, this may also possibly be accompanied by 1337 speak.

I then suggest that anyone that is not able to agree with my particular interpretation of a passage in the bible is the anti-christ so that my post has some flaming qualities it was previously lacking.

jdavis

First Post
State my firm belief that Drow (both good and evil) are allowed their choice of refreshing beverage without being misrepresented as the anti-christ.

Toss causal smile laced insults about for no real reason but to bump the thread, intentionally remain un-enlightened.

Agree with all those who have argeed with all that I have agreed with, and disagree with all those who have disagreed with what I disagree with, agree that we disagree, agree that disagreement will continue, agree with the assumption that I am more agreeable.

Add similey faces to cover frustration with lack of agreement:rolleyes: :mad: Insult Baraendur's lack of a spine and invite him to "take this outside", add smiley face to cover up fact that it is too cold outside to take anything there:cool:

Last edited:

baradtgnome

First Post
Continues to show lack of any evidence of enlightenment by trying to prolong a thread that has long since expired and that nobody retains any interest in.

Continues on and displays for all to see that he 'doesn't have a clue'

Thanks all those who agreed with him (none) and continues to wait for favorable responses in vain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads