D&D 3E/3.5 Thoughts on 3.5 Gish Build

Greenfield

Adventurer
I look ahead, I just don't road map the whole thing that way.

As for Enlarge Person: It depends on how you see Feats. If they're learned skills, tricks and combat maneuvers, then you'd have to be able to stay Large long enough to learn it. At 1st level, you're Large for a minute per casting, and for a Wizard that means 2 minutes per day, max. (Presumes an Int score of at least 12, to get a bonus spell at 1st level.)

If, on the other hand, you explain feats with a hand wave and a general disclaimer, "Hey, it's magic", then you're good.

I'd have to look at the Feat source itself to be sure, but I think it actually says the creature has to really be Large or larger. I could be wrong though, since it's been a while since I've looked at that one, and my memory is far from perfect.

But I think we all agree, it's up to your DM to cast Dispel :):):):):):):):), or not.

Sekhmet

First Post
Large and In Charge: "Prerequisites: Natural reach of 10 feet or more, size
Large or larger."
Enlarge Person isn't natural.

Greenfield

Adventurer
If it's the type I see caught in my SPAM filter every day, I don't think it applies. Not unless some ISP is now serving Greyhawk or the Forgotten Realms. :)

kha7id7ea

First Post
For me losing this option wont effect much, I would just focus my martial talents in another way. Maybe the standstill feat instead.

Greenfield

Adventurer
For me losing this option wont effect much, I would just focus my martial talents in another way. Maybe the standstill feat instead.
Odd. I thought Stand Still required Psionics, and at least one reserved power points. Your Wizard wouldn't have either of those at 1st level. I think there's a Strength minimum as well, though you probably have that.

kha7id7ea

First Post
Either way, I can easily swap it out for something else. This was not the focus of the build, just a way to be very good in combat at low levels.

Dandu

First Post
Odd. I thought Stand Still required Psionics, and at least one reserved power points. Your Wizard wouldn't have either of those at 1st level. I think there's a Strength minimum as well, though you probably have that.
Stand Still [General]

You can prevent foes from fleeing or closing.
Prerequisite

Str 13.
Benefit

When a foe’s movement out of a square you threaten grants you an attack of opportunity, you can give up that attack and instead attempt to stop your foe in his tracks. Make your attack of opportunity normally. If you hit your foe, he must succeed on a Reflex save against a DC of 10 + your damage roll (the opponent does not actually take damage), or immediately halt as if he had used up his move actions for the round.
Since you use the Stand Still feat in place of your attack of opportunity, you can do so only a number of times per round equal to the number of times per round you could make an attack of opportunity (normally just one).

Greenfield

Adventurer
Upon further review, you seem to have four Feats chosen at 1st level.

You get 1 "Every man" feat, and a bonus Wizard feat, IIRC. If you were Human you'd have one more, but you're running an Elf, so that doesn't kick in.

If you were running in Pathfinder you'd have an extra as well. But in 3.5? You're two feats over the line, my friend, unless you have some house rule I'm unaware of.

Remove ads