Thread Recompilation - Places

El Jefe

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
The remaining denzins moved on, leaving redoak a ghost town, and the bandits moved up the food chain to Bluerun, where they were defeated by clever negotiations and some wacking. :cool:
Oh, perfect! That's even better! We should have a RedOak on the map, but instead of a little village dot, we should have the little "ruins" symbol (usually three even tinier dots in most mapping systems). I'll amend my earlier post to indicate that it exists, but only as a ghost town.

El Jefe

First Post
Poll: (Discussion) Chatroom Living Enworld Games

Instead of being just a simple poll, there was a fair amount of discussion in this thread. No place-related information, though.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
LogicsFate said:
So did they group together, as displaced people tend to do, and maybe created a New Red Oak? Or a Red Oak section of Orussus?

Actually I envisioned most of them moving in with far flung relitives and thus not staying so much together. Any who did stick together would be a red oak section of Andren, which is the regions largest city.

El Jefe

First Post
(Discussion) General Part III

Not too much location information in this thread. But Uriel did add some nice bits to his description of Rivenblight:

There are many Drow in Rivenblight, masquerading as other Elves for whatever agenda sends them forth from the Underdark.
The elves are divided into many camps of Family,Guild or Social-Class based structure as well as racially oriented.
So, you may have the Greenmoon Society, which is mostly Wood Elves,
the House of Dawn, a Grey Elf group of Wizards and Bards,
Clan Darmyth, a High Elf family with attendant servants etc...

I am hoping for the adventures to be mainly Espionage oriented within the city proper or 'dungeon delving' in the sunken parts of the ancient city, which have many connecting points to The Underdark.

I want to encourage players (via their backgrounds) and DMs to create Houses, Guilds,Clans etc...

There are also many Dwarves and Gnomes, Halflings and Humans (with one hostile human nation just East of Rivenblight), so there are many opportunities for fun, I hope.The place is teeming with undead,drow and the nasties that should never see the light of day, as a third of it fell into a crater several hundred years ago...lots of chances for treasure and wonders to be found.

Also, from a later post:

Rivenblight is aprox 225 miles North of Orussus, with a major road ('the great North Road' sound Ok, CS?) leading to it, then beyond into the true Northlands.

Rivenblight, sizewise isn't as big as Orussus, but the city is very tall, with many towers and minarets, as well as the third that had sunk 9the pit being roughly a half mile deep). In the centuries since it was changed, the Elves (and their Dwarf and Gnome masons, I am sure) have built downwards along the cliff-face, so the their is an Upper, Middle (the walls of the crater) and Sub City).
As well, there is a sprawling amount of former city that has been buried, and (so rumours say) many connectins to the underdark have been discovered.
All-in-all, an entire City/Political/Espionage/Dungeon-Delving Extravaganza!

Dungannon

First Post
Okay, I'm writing up an adventure to take place in Allimon and Ravensdale, both located on the road heading West out of Orrussus. Ravensdale is not a problem for me since it's from the background to my character, Devlin Magruder. Allimon, however, is proving a little difficult. I don't know who created it and the only info I've found on it is this line from a previous post in this thread.

"There is a hamlet named Allimon, about 10 miles from Orussus in the opposite direction from Rivenblight."

Can anyone tell me where I can find anything about Allimon, or if I'm free to create my own info? I'd hate to unknowingly take the town away from its creator if they already have plans for it.

LogicsFate

First Post
(Adventure) The Monestary of Saint Feragon <Judge:Macbeth>

Location Road Warden station(s)
There is a road warden station on each of the four roads out of Orussus
--Here is a rough map of the road house to the north(done by Uriel)FirstFloor
--Letters can possibly be sent by road warden runners

Location Monestary map (done by Uriel)MonestaryGrounds
--Several hours and or a dozan miles futher down the road from Orussus is a side road leading through lightly wooded hills and eventually to the monestary
--The monestary is at the base of a hill
--There are woods behind the monestary, starting at about 20 yards
--There is a wall some 15' tall surrounding the entire compound.
--At the rear, there is an outdoor walkway, a collinade of sorts. The wall facing this is lined with slitted windows perhaps a foot and a half wide. These either open or shuttered (about 50% for either)
--There are 3 Towers, the one that is closest to the rear is perhaps 40 feet high, with a peaked roof. it is most likely a Bell-Tower.
----The other two Towers are shorter, perhaps 30'. The Roofs of the various structures are peaked as well, with a fairly easy grade (not too difficult to climb about on the roof).
G-19, F-16
--Map of area through a slitted window in the back(done by Uriel) MonkLivingQuarters
----Large room contains little of interest other than corpses
----first door leads to a fairly large room (perhaps 20' by 40' wide) that must have served as a dormitory of sorts. There are perhaps 20 cots along the walls, as well as small chests and pegs along the walls holding cloaks and robes (light green and white mostly). There are a few musical instruments, as well as weapons (several daggers, a few staves and pairs of fighting sticks and several corpses)
----the other rooms along this Hall are also either living chambers or storage (the storage rom containing robes in white, pale green and pale yellow, as well as belts).
----After the map trails off there is a room 60x40 with a dozan corpses at various levels of dismemberment, and two doors
------Through one door are stairs underground
--------Down the stairs is a door
----------Through that door is a room with at least one other door and corpses
------------through that door is a hallway
--------------And at the end of that is a chamber
------Through the other is a hallway

Location Rivenblight
There is a elven wepon smith of some fame by the name of Dyallin of Rivenblight

A mark of the god Kroggoth (also done by Uriel)Mark

Last edited:

LogicsFate

First Post
Dungannon said:
Okay, I'm writing up an adventure to take place in Allimon and Ravensdale, both located on the road heading West out of Orrussus. Ravensdale is not a problem for me since it's from the background to my character, Devlin Magruder. Allimon, however, is proving a little difficult. I don't know who created it and the only info I've found on it is this line from a previous post in this thread.

"There is a hamlet named Allimon, about 10 miles from Orussus in the opposite direction from Rivenblight."

Can anyone tell me where I can find anything about Allimon, or if I'm free to create my own info? I'd hate to unknowingly take the town away from its creator if they already have plans for it.

If I see anything I'll post it, but other than that, no

El Jefe

First Post
Dungannon said:
Ok, here's what I know about it (so far).

In (Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn II, Creamsteak used his character, Gur Chuck-Chuck to launch an adventure (using the PC as an NPC). You can read all about that on the first page of the Red Dragon Inn II thread. Creamsteak posted a link to the adventure, which leads to the a page on the cyberstreet server. You can read the adventure on this server, though, it's the Dwarven Golems and Old Ruins thread. I read a little bit of it. The party left Orussus heading for some caves near Allimon. They decided to go straight to the caves instead of going to Allimon first, so I don't know if they ever got to Allimon. Then again, I haven't read through all the thread yet.

And that's pretty much everything I know about Allimon so far.

Remove ads