• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thrilling Pulp Adventures! [M&M]

Insight

Adventurer
I always take a look at M&M games on these boards, since there are so few that end up going anywhere.

Count me as interested too. I have recently been doing a lot of research on the pulp era for a story I am planning to write, so I have some familiarity with the genre.

As for a character, you guys really need a female. I was thinking of an Asian female character, perhaps the Lotus Princess. That's her 'Western' name of course. I imagine she would have martial arts skills, and maybe makes use of some 'Eastern' mysticism, nothing too overt, but perhaps some alchemical concoctions that enhance her abilities, put foes to sleep, etc.

If there is interest to add her to the game, I can post more details.

Retro-Rocket

First Post
Karl Green said:
I'll go with Jack O'Lantern...

Now one Question is will you allow the 'Magazine' Flaw to give points or is it auotmatic for Firearms? I don't mind either way really, just if it is worth a flaw I will carry two pistols, if not I carry one ;)

Jack's cool with me!

I am going to let the Magazine flaw work just like any other flaw. So it gives points.

Retro-Rocket

First Post
Insight said:
I always take a look at M&M games on these boards, since there are so few that end up going anywhere.

Count me as interested too. I have recently been doing a lot of research on the pulp era for a story I am planning to write, so I have some familiarity with the genre.

As for a character, you guys really need a female. I was thinking of an Asian female character, perhaps the Lotus Princess. That's her 'Western' name of course. I imagine she would have martial arts skills, and maybe makes use of some 'Eastern' mysticism, nothing too overt, but perhaps some alchemical concoctions that enhance her abilities, put foes to sleep, etc.

If there is interest to add her to the game, I can post more details.

Hello Insight,
You make five and that should close recruitment.

So we have:

Karl Green playing Jack O'Lantern
Argent Silvermage playing The Black Hound
Radiant
DocHazard playing James 'Jimmy' Webb: Agent of SPIDER
Insight playing Lotus Princess

The game will start in 1935 San Francisco so plan accordingly.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Lotus Princess - Stat Block & More

Lotus Princess: 75pp; PL 5; Init +5 (Dex); Defense 18 (13 flat-footed, 17 mental); Spd 30ft; Atk +3 melee (+0s, punch or kick); SV Dmg +1, Fort +1, Ref +10, Will +7; Str 10, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 15, Cha 15. Hero Points: 3.

Skills: Acrobatics +10, Languages (Chinese & English), Medicine +9, Sense Motive +9.

Feats: Dodge, Evasion, Lightning Reflexes.

Powers: Am Save - Reflex +3 [Extra: Willpower; Source: Training; Cost: 2pp/rank, Total: 6pp] and Super-Dexterity +2 [Extra: Super-Wisdom; Source: Training; Cost: 6pp/rank; Total: 12pp].

Equipment: Sleep Dust +5 [Based on Paralysis; Extra: Area; Flaws: 8 Uses and Reduced Range (touch); Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp/rank; Total: 5pp] and War Fans +5 [Based on Deflection; Source: Training; Cost: 1pp/rank; Total: 5pp].

Appearance: Lotus Princess is an Asian female in her late 20s, with straight, jet-black hair down to her waist. She is apt to draw this hair into a ponytail, complete with steel chopsticks to bind it. With her green eyes, one might suspect that Lotus Princess is not 100% Chinese, but this coloring is merely a product of her rare mystical bloodline. Lotus Princess wears a traditional red gown in most circumstances, and carries with her a pair of iron war fans, normally stuffed into her sash. She also keeps several small eggshell grenades filled with sleeping dust in her sash or pockets in her gown.

Background: Born in Chinatown, San Francisco, Lotus Princess is a descendant of the rare Chin Na bloodline, and is possessed of a number of rare abilities as a result. She is an expert in Chinese martial arts, though she tends to keep this a secret from her 'western' friends unless absolutely necessary.

Though she was brought up in a very traditional manner in keeping with her Chinese parents, and trained in alchemy and eastern medicine, though her training was disrupted with her parents' sudden deaths when Lotus Princess was just 16.

Tracking down her parents' killers was Lotus Princess' first quest, and through this experience, she grew both in her abilities and confidence in those abilities.

Lotus Princess now operates a medicine shop in Chinatown, and often answers calls to aid her friends and acquaintences, though she still tries to keep a low profile. She hopes that by using her abilities to right injustices and evil in the world, she is honoring the memories of her parents and ancestors.

DocHazard

First Post
Ok...so The Man of Shadow, Fighter from the Far East, and the Supernatural detective are all taken. So, I am down to these 2 ideas.

Lord Blackmore - english lord raised in the Jungle (TOTAL Tarzan rip-off)

or

Jonothan 'Jack' Webb: Agent of SPIDER (SPecial Intelligence DirEctoRate) - mysterious G-Man and master of disguise. Sent on missions with only his skil and trusty Web Shooter to survive.

I am leaning towards Jack Webb, but if he wont fit I could do Blackmore. Let me know.

Thanks!
DocH

Retro-Rocket

First Post
DocHazard said:
Ok...so The Man of Shadow, Fighter from the Far East, and the Supernatural detective are all taken. So, I am down to these 2 ideas.

Lord Blackmore - english lord raised in the Jungle (TOTAL Tarzan rip-off)

or

Jonothan 'Jack' Webb: Agent of SPIDER (SPecial Intelligence DirEctoRate) - mysterious G-Man and master of disguise. Sent on missions with only his skil and trusty Web Shooter to survive.

I am leaning towards Jack Webb, but if he wont fit I could do Blackmore. Let me know.

Thanks!
DocH

G-Man Jack would fit in just fine!

Radiant

First Post
ok, a few more ideas. Filthy rich, the guy who can fit out the whole group with all that unnessary stuff like headquarters and bla. Plus he got his powers from a magic sword he got from an expedition to (not sure yet, depends on what I find most cheesy tomorow. Most likely egypt).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads