• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thrilling Pulp Adventures! [M&M]

DocHazard

First Post
Retro-Rocket said:
G-Man Jack would fit in just fine!

Cool! I'll get him statted out today (tomorrow at the latest). I'll change his name to James 'Jimmy' Webb so that there's no confusion between my character and Karl's Jack O'Lantern.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
The Black Hound (It's about time Argent...)

THE BLACK HOUND
secret ID: Ian Ulster
HP: 3

height: 5’ 7” as Ian/ 6’ 4” as Hound
weight: 150 lbs as Ian/ 250 as Hound
size: medium
hair: Black
eyes: Green

~~~ABILITIES~~~
STR 14 +2
DEX 14 +2
CON 14 +2
INT 14 +2
WIS 14 +2
CHA 18 +4

~~~SAVES~~~
DMG +2
FORT +2
REF +2
WILL +2

~~~MOVEMENT~~~
INIT +2
SPD 30'

~~~COMBAT~~~
BASE DEFENSE +3
DEF +15
FLAT +13
MENTAL +15

BASE ATTACK +3
MELEE +5
RANGED +5
MENTAL +5

~~~SKILLS~~~
Gather Information [+8/4]
Bluff [+8/4]
Intimidate [+8/4]
Taunt [+6/4]
Hide [+6/4]
Move Silently [+6/4]
Knowledge Occult [+6/4]
Profession Detective [+6/4]
Drive [+3/1]
~~~FEATS~~~
Detect: Sense Imminent Murder
Instant Change (Illusion of the Black hound)
True Seeing

~~~POWERS~~~
-------------------------------------
Illusion [+2 pp/rank+2, 20 total] 5 Ranks
- SOURCE: Mystical (Fae Blooded)
- SPECIAL:
- EXTRAS: Damaging, Selective, Subtle.
- FLAWS: Limited to Creatures only
- STUNTS: none

-------------------------------------

~~~WEAKNESSES (2 MAX)~~~
Vulnerable to Cold Iron.

~~~COST~~~
ABILITIES [28]
BASE ATT [9]
BASE DEF [6]
SKILLS [15]
FEATS [6]
POWERS [20]
WEAKNESS [-10]
TOTAL [75]
UNSPENT [0]

=====================
~~~BACKGROUND~~~
Ian comes from a long line of “gifted men”. Somewhere back in his lineage is the blood of the Shide, the Faerie folk. All of the males in his family have what is called second sight. But from birth Ian was surely the strongest and most gifted seer in Clan Ulster.
Ian has the rare gift to see when others will die by the hands of another within 24 hours. Ian’s Brothers gave him the nick name “Black Hound of the Ulster’s” because of the old folk tale about a big black dog that sometimes appears before a person dies.
Ian left Ireland when he was 18 and moved to San Francisco. He works as a Private Detective and is known as a person who “can deal with things the Police will not believe in.”

NOTE: I would like for Jack O’lantern and The Black hound to have met before the game starts if that’s alright. Two supernatural detectives working in the same city would naturally have crossed paths fairly quickly.

Retro-Rocket

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
NOTE: I would like for Jack O’lantern and The Black hound to have met before the game starts if that’s alright. Two supernatural detectives working in the same city would naturally have crossed paths fairly quickly.

That sounds good to me. Jack and The Black Hound have crossed paths before.

Last edited:

DocHazard

First Post
JAMES 'JIMMY' WEBB: Agent of SPIDER, PL: 5, G - Man, , Male, Size: Medium; INIT: +2, DEF 14/12; SPEED 30; MELEE +5, RANGED +5, MENTAL +4, SV: DMG +4, FORT +1, REF +2, WILL +1; STR 14, DEX 14, CON 12, INT 16, WIS 12, CHA 20.

SKILLS:
Bluff +13/8, Diplomacy +14/9, Disguise +16/11, Drive* +3/1, Escape Artist +3/1, Gather Info +6/1, Innuendo* +8/3, Intimidate +7/2, Knowledge: Geography +4/1, Listen +3/2, Open Lock* +4/2, Pilot* +3/1, Read Lips* +4/1, Search +5/2, Sense Motive +3/2, Sleight/Hand* +5/3, Spot +3/2, Taunt +7/2.

FEATS: Point Blank Shot, Connected, Attractive.

POWERS:

AMAZING SAVE: DAMAGE [+3] [SOURCE: TRAINING],
WEB SHOOTER (SNARE) [+5] [SOURCE: SUPER SCIENCE], Flaw: Device,
DISGUISE KIT (SHAPESHIFT) [+5] [SOURCE: SUPER SCIENCE], extra: Continuous, Flaws: people only, Device.

COST: abilities 28, combat 13, skills 15, feats 6, powers 13, weakness 0, total 75.

~~Background~~
Jimmy Webb always wanted to be an actor. His parents always used to say that he stole the show the first time he played baby Jesus in the Christmas pageant back in the winter of 1910 when he was just a year old.

Jimmy spent most of the following years acting out and hamming it up for anyone that would watch. It wasn’t until his freshman year in college that things changed. Jimmy’s parents were murdered one fateful night and after several months of nothing from the police, Jimmy decided he could do better. Changing his focus from acting to law Jimmy quit school and joined the SFPD. Jimmy excelled at this too and soon found that his penchant for acting could prove useful in the field as well. Posing as anything ranging from a vagrant to a Chinese dry cleaner Jimmy always got his man…even if the way he went about it was a bit unorthodox.

This caught the eye of his superiors and more importantly the eye of a man known as J. Edgar Hoover. In 1933, at the ripe old age of 23, Jimmy was recruited by Hoover for a secret organization within the United States government. There was no question that Hoover was the country’s top lawman at the time and he had his finger on every piece of information that was valuable. It happened to be, every now and then, that Hoover would come across something that just didn’t fit into what folks would call normal. And while Hoover couldn’t ‘officially’ investigate these types of issues there was enough money in his discretionary budget to fund a small group of men and women (yes, women) that could. These people became the SPecial Intelligence DirEtoRate…or SPIDER.

Often when asked where he got bits of information, Hoover would say, “A spider on the wall told me”. Well, he wasn’t kidding.

Today, Jimmy is the West Coast Operative for SPIDER, spending a majority of his time in California, more specifically San Francisco. For some unknown reason, more odd things happen in San Francisco than anywhere else in California. Jimmy’s ability to impersonate most anyone of either sex or nationality allows him to go places most other SPIDER agents can’t which often leads him far away from his beloved home.

Last edited:

Retro-Rocket

First Post
Ok, everyone's character looks really good! Great going guys! Here is what we have so far.

Karl Green playing Jack O'Lantern
Argent Silvermage playing The Black Hound
DocHazard playing James 'Jimmy' Webb: Agent of SPIDER
Insight playing Lotus Princess

We are just waiting on Radiant's PC and then we should be ready to go!

Last edited:

Retro-Rocket

First Post
Just given the thread a bump while I wait on Radiant's character. I plan on getting the game started the beginning of next week. So get ready for some pulpy goodness.

I am also starting a Rogue Gallery Thread for you to post your characters in.

It is here.

Last edited:

Remove ads