• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

thrwn wpns w/ 2wpn fighting... ??

Azzemmell

First Post
Hello all,

K', I've got a player who wants to use 2 wpn fighting to be able to throw 2 spears or javelins in one round (low level). At the moment, I'm ruling that 2 wpn fighting is for MELEE and rapid shot is for RANGED. The PHB is vague, from all that I can see, and does not clarify this.
What have some of you done? Has WOTC clarified this?

Thanks for any responses.

Azzemmell

Darklone

The TWF description clearly applies to ranged weapons as well, so yes, you can use both with one-handed throwing weapons.

green slime

First Post
Darklone said:
The TWF description clearly applies to ranged weapons as well, so yes, you can use both with one-handed throwing weapons.

Although the image of a character throwing two javelins in seperate hands I find somewhat ludicrous. But I'd definitely allow the same for knives. IRL, effective javeling throwing relies on using the other hand as a counter weight.

Darklone

Depends... you surely cannot throw them at once, but quickly after each other would be possible (and probably faster than throwing all with one hand).

green slime

First Post
Darklone said:
Depends... you surely cannot throw them at once, but quickly after each other would be possible (and probably faster than throwing all with one hand).

Yeah, you may be right.

Then with Quickdraw he pulls forth two more and continues with the iterative attacks...Is he planning on a Quiver of Ehlonna

Remove ads