• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ties that Bind - Silverymoon - Chapter 1 "Diplomats?"

Erudite

First Post
A rueful laugh. "I see that you have found your way to serve!". Seemingly from nowhere the wizard steps out of the shadows of a building. He looks relaxed, almost eager to be off.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Serve? Nope. But I'll tag along with you two if you want some company. You may not be surprised to know, given that you were doing something similar, that more or less everything I said and did in there was a test of character, though for Taern more than you two. I wanted to see if he could put up with scepticism, cynicism, and rejection without resorting to force. True tyrants cannot."

Erudite

First Post
"I think company would be pleasant, given the nature of the journey." Corund muses. "Taern, though we disagree at times, is a true champion for good. Harbromm will strike you as more of a tyrant, I should think." Corund casts an eye about the area for Jonas. The gate is not quite as busy as one might expect for the hour, possibly due to the increased travel risks in the Marches.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"He doesn't sound quite so much like a tyrant as he does a complete moron. I suppose by virtue of not accepting an official position, I can't get Silverymoon in trouble if I say it, not that I probably will. I can be very diplomatic if I put my mind to it...it is actually more upsetting to be contrary like I was back there."

Shayuri

First Post
A stout dwarf waddles over, stroking his rich red beard.

"No moron be Harbromm...an' no tyrant either," the dwarf says amiably in a thick Dwarvish brogue. "Dwarves respect an' obey only a strong king. Mayhap it seems a bit stern an' regimented tae you...but dwarves take comfort in that. In return, it means Harbromm'll do what he thinks is best for him and the Citadel, no matter what. Findin' out why he b'lieves that cuttin' ties wi' Silverymoon is best for him an' his is one of the tasks before us."

He winks. "Yeh can call me Jonas if'n yeh like. Shall we be off?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm...his reasons. It seems to me that he's just being petulant, but he also might be under demonic possession, I suppose, or just extremely deluded."

Erudite

First Post
The wizard looks bemusededly over at the arriving 'dwarf', in particular the beard. "That color looks familiar. It must be popular this year."

As the three begin to depart, walking through the gate, past the guards, and north past the killing ground before the walls, he continues to speak. "The possibility that Harbromm may be under mystical influences should be considered, but if true, trying to make such assessement definitive, and effecting a solution, may be tricky without involving the dwarves themselves. I suggest that we ingratiate ourselves with what clergy are available to us when we arrive in Adbar."

"Have you given thought to which route you would prefer to take?" he asks, looking askance at the other two. Of course, they are all ready walking north, rather than east to Sundabar.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I'd prefer to go through Sundabar, since they know me there, and it will be a safe place to rest, as opposed to the Underdark, where we can expect drow and no reprieve."

gabrion

First Post
Rystil said:
*And she walks out of the chambre slowly, waiting to see what will happen to her on the way out.*

Of course Taern simple nods his head and waits for Cassandra to leave. As the others prepare to leave as well, he says one last thing.

"Well it's sad to see that one go, but perhaps she will help the north in some other way. She does seem to have a good spirit if nothing else.

I was afraid to say it while she was here, but there is actually one more thing you both might consider while taking on this task. I did not choose the two of you, both experts at making things seem different than what they are, for no reason. I want you to know that I'm trusting you will absolute judgment to carry out this task. Some times even those of us on the side of good must resort to desperate measures, so remember that as you try to convince Harbromm.

I wouldn't have the details of such a plan, but something tells me that you, Jonas, could do quite a good job impersonating the old Dwarven King if it came to that. No doubt you, Corund, could assist him in a grand illusion to help convince the dwarves of Adbar. Of course these ideas are only to be considered if there is no other way, but know that you carry my authority and as such should do what is needed to restore the north. Mystra be with you on your journey."

[sblock=OOC]Sorry this is a little behind what's going on, but I need to make sure the two of you got that message. I'll jump back in again when you all have decided which path you will be taking. Keep in mind that all of the paths actually go east as they leave Silverymoon, but the path to Felbar turns north soon. I tried to attach a map, but it didn't work for some reason.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Jonas shrugs his broad dwarfy shoulders.

"I've no strong preference myself. Never been to Sundabar either. That way's fine by me."

Remove ads