• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Time For Another Round Of Iron Dm!!!

Vaxalon

First Post
Is it too late to come back?

My submission for the Setting Design Contest is nearly complete, so I will be able to defend my title after all. Please let me know if I can participate.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Ok, since this is the final and you two have proved yourselves to be the cream of the crop - even bumping out the infamous Wicht and the challenging Wulf - I expect this to be a very close and bitter struggle.

Thus, for this final round in addition to the six main ingredients I am including a list of NINE optional ingredients. The optional ingredients will only be counted in case a tie-breaker is needed - otherwise they will get no extra weight - BUT poor use of an optional ingredient will be marked against you even if it does not come to a tie-breaker situation - so be careful. REMEMBER - You do not have to use any of the optional ingredients, and can use any number or combination of them.

Ingredients
------------------------
Tea Party
Opium
Talking Mouse
Murlynd's Spoon
Pixies
Dire Bear

Optional Ingredients
-------------------------------------
Serving Wench
Umbrella
Dead Horse
Nagging Wife
Troll's Arm
Child's Toy
Lollipops
Sexy Dancer
Golden Chamberpot

Good luck - According to my computer it is 11 am - you have 24 hours. .

Nail

First Post
poorer, but....err, wiser?

Acck!

Wulf, yer not s'posed ta lose! When th' last time you lost? Demons 'n such couldn't do it. Pansy foppish mages couldn't do it. Even those eye-tyrants failed ta put a dent in th' ole Wulf armor. An' now ye lost to a gnome????!!!!!

The funny thing was, I could only get one taker on th' bet. Wulf was th' odds on favorite. Grrrrrrrrrrrr..............

...But anyway, congrats, RG! I hate t' admit this, but yours was the better entry, even from my biased view-point. If RG keeps this level o' play up, Rune's in for it........even without me an' th' boys showin' up on his doorstep, bats in hand.

Not that I have anythin' riding on RG, or anything. Or that I'd try ta interfere in any way.

<tap> <tap> <tap> <taps club absently on th' bar>

Good luck to yer both!

-Nail

Vurt

First Post
I have never seen Iron Chef, or previous incarnations of Iron DM, but this rocks! Which begs the question, what about a concurrent fight for the bronze between Wicht and Wulf?

-- Vurt

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
I'm up for that if Wicht is willing and nemm has more ingredients in his kit-bag.

Pressure's off, I'd like to do better than my last showing...

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
Re: poorer, but....err, wiser?

Nail said:
Wulf, yer not s'posed ta lose! When th' last time you lost? Demons 'n such couldn't do it. Pansy foppish mages couldn't do it. Even those eye-tyrants failed ta put a dent in th' ole Wulf armor. An' now ye lost to a gnome????!!!!!

All right, now, this has to stop. I'm taking a break from my Creativity Retreat (it's graham cracker and milk time, so you know I'm mad) to take issue with the BLANTANT HATE-SPEAK on this board! "An' now ye lost to a GNOME?" YES. A Gnome that posetively GLOWS with power and energy, and you'd be well advised to take heed, before I . . . I . . . well, I'll do something pretty dang mean, and you'll be sorry.

Ahem. Please resume your Wulf Ratbane lovefest WITHOUT slandering the shorter races. At least not Gnomes. Those little halflings are a real problem, though, right? ;)

-rg

Last edited:

Nail

First Post
Re: Re: poorer, but....err, wiser?

Radiating Gnome said:
All right, now, this has to stop. I'm taking a break from my Creativity Retreat (it's graham cracker and milk time, so you know I'm mad) to take issue with the BLANTANT HATE-SPEAK on this board! "An' now ye lost to a GNOME?"
YES.
A Gnome that posetively GLOWS with power and energy, and you'd be well advised to take heed, before I . . . I . . . well, I'll do something pretty dang mean, and you'll be sorry.[/B]

Ahhh....ye knows I'm rootin' fer you now, right? Not that there's any reason fer that, or anythin'. Nothin' ta do with "re-coupin'" losses, I assure you.

Milk 'n crackers, eh? 'Thought that was halfling fodder. I heard you wee-folk lived on "fresh air 'n sunshine", and all o' that. Or maybe fungus, I ferget. Well, whatev'r gets those create-ive juices flowin'...

Jus' don't spill th' milk on yer keyboard, little one. "Radiate" away! :^)

-Nail

Remove ads