Time Tracking

Bront

The man with the probe
Since we are using the real world as a model, tracking time and dates might be a bit more important, so here is my proposal on this. Parts of the proposal can be voted on individualy.

#1) The day an mission starts should be within a week of the RL Date of the actual mission start time. Idealy, it should be the date the briefing is called for, but I want to give GMs a little bit of time leway.

#2) Time in an mission is mutable accorting to the GM. Meaning that time passes in the mission pretty much as it needs to for the GMs plot.

#3) Given #1 and #2, a GM should avoid having an mission end too far ahead of the current RL time, though this is likely not going to be an issue, this is more of a suggestion than an actual rule.

#4) GMs and Players help create a timeline for events to eventualy be added to a campaign timeline of important events once the mission is over. We're not looking for a big breakdown of the issues, just a general idea. The timeline events can be submitted before the mission is over, and later edited as more information becomes available (Like any normal news). A judge (I'll volunteer) will be in charge of maintaining the timeline.

Example time line woven for 2 adventures.

December 24th, 2005 - A task force was sent to investigate a man in a red suit breaking and entering in several homes, and causing havok with air traffic controllers. <Url link in here somewhere to the actual mission>

December 27th, 2005 - Explosion in the desert rocks the nearby city of Las Vegas. A task force is sent to investigate <URL>

January 4nd, 2006 - An Explosion at Hover Dam nearly floods the nearby towns and villages if a Task Force hadn't beeen there to help patch the Dam. The Resolutes are praised. <URL>

January 14th, 2006 - Santa Claws is brought to justice by a team of Resolutes, and his midget slave ring is freed. <URL>

February 12th, 2006 - A man, calling himself the "True Unibomber" is taken down by the Resolutes in a remote trailor in Arizona. Before he could be captured, his trailor was blow up, presumably with him in it. The body was identified as that of Peter Nobel later using dental records. <URL>

And so on. It allows GMs to use past adventure hooks that may still be dangling (Perhaps Peter Nobel wasn't realy there, or wasn't the "True Unibomber"), allows players to follow the news, and allows for a timeline of events that may be changing the world.

I think it will add a sense of history to the game, and allow for richer world development as we get more and more missions run.

Bront

The man with the probe
Cool. I'll wait for Keia on the 3rd, but I think that a timeline will help enrich the experience :)

Remove ads