• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tiny OT] How many EN Worlders do you personally know?

der_kluge

Adventurer
I should clarify that some of the ENWorlders I know I met through the KC Game Day that we organized in March.

And I'm really struggling with some of their names, GMVictory, eh, I give up.

MarauderX

Explorer
3 gamers I play regularly with and counting. I stopped over to the WotC store near where I live and two of the people that work at the store didn't even know about it, which I thought was rather weird. Then again only 1 of them had internet access and it was with AOL. Go figure.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
EricNoah said:
Oh, gosh, I've met so many at GenCons and Chicago Game Days. If I wrote up a list I'd be leaving someone out.

I think I'd be in the same boat. Gotta be pushing close to a couple of hundred by now if you're including players, DMs and all those folks from the various game companies that post here, too. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've met quite a few, but I'm not sure where to divide the line between "met" and "know".

I think I'll define "know" as those who have either been to my home or I have been to theirs:

Piratecat & KidCthulhu (Spent 3 days at their home)
Mark (OK, I only saw his apartment for about half an hour, but we hung out in Chicago for a few days; speak to him by phone occasionally)
Liquide (He moved into my home for a month! :D)
Ravellion (He has visited me twice, although the second time he just spent 3 days planted in front of the Playstation 2...)
Tallarn (Visited me once)
Alshi20 (One flying visit)
Scaragoth (Visited me once)

Then there are those who I consider myself to "know" just from meeting at conventions etc., but had previously gotten to know (and like) pretty well online:

Eric (duh!)
Rangerwickett (owes me $4.85)
Nemmerle
Adlon (met at Gen Con, speak to on the phone now and then)
Dinkeldog (although I think I know him better now than when I met him in Chicago)
Hellhound & Dextra (met very briefly at Gen Con, but getting to know better now with EN Publishing)

I've "met" lots of people - far too many to list. And I'm sure I've missed at least somebody off the above lists - if so, I apologise!

Oh, of course I also know Inconsequenti-AL, who has only posted about twice but who lives round the corner from me.

Last edited:

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Not counting some of my own players who I have convinced to register on EN World I'd say that there are five that I know well.

The first four would be PirateCat, KidCthulhu, Sailia, and (Sailia's husband whose ENWorld name escapes me at the moment.) My wife (kriskrafts) and I met them at gaming con's in the early 90's and have been friends since then. It was PC who first told me about this messageboard last fall.

The other one is BaradtGnome, who I actually met through ENWorld and he joined my weekly gaming group last February.

I've also met probably around 50 or so more at events at Piratecat's house, but I don't know if that is close enough to count as really knowing them (although they were certainly fun people who I enjoyed gaming with and/or talking to).

Last edited:

Latency

First Post
Knightfall1972 said:
Ok, the question is... How many EN Worlder's do you personally know?

I don't ever get a chance to meet my gaming peers, not even the ones here in Edmonton. (Latency, are you out there? You haven't e-mailed me back in almost a month.)

I changed my email check my profile for the new one.

Marc

Remove ads