Titan Dwarves and Player Skills?

I have allowed a new player to create a Titan-Dwarf who is a Noble Warrior. According to the what it says in the core rule book. He is to pick a tribe that they belong to at level one. One of the four tribes of the Earth-Goddess and then they receive their exotic weapon proficiency and a little something else. In this instance, I choose the Fir-Domain as his tribe since this is a requirement of the Invulnerable King/Teeth of the Moon Sow campaign.

But, is it right that even a Dwarf and a Titan-Dwarf are allowed to join the human tribes of the Earth-Goddess?

Just one other thing...

Are the Class skills of the Noble Warrior (And any other class?) free? Do they get a free skill rank in those or do they need to spend at least one skill rank for each of their class skills in order to have them?

This is not made clear in the rules?

ApplicationFrameHost_gTLs7WA1Iv.png

I will take this down (What I shared above) if this violates the rules of this forum, but I'm really stumped here. What I have done, is chosen (Clicked the little box to the left of each skill till it shows as green.) Climb, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Perform, Ride, Spot & Swim without adding any skill ranks to them.......yet!

So what do I do really? Do I tell the player to pritoritise those skills when allocating skill points to them or do I just leave these checked in green. I assume that means they are then chosen...

rgard

Adventurer
I don't know what source book this comes from, but it looks like it uses the 3.5 rules.

In 3.5 you have to pay for those skill ranks. At the top of the second page you have an entry, "Skill Points at 1st Level". Without any intelligence modifier (say the pc has a 10 Int), the character gets 8 skill points (2x4) at first level. The player distributes those. 1 skill point per class skill rank and 2 skill points per cross class rank. Your maximum ranks per level is the character's level +3. So a first level character will have a max rank of 4 in a class skill. For cross class skills it's half that number (2 ranks maximum at 1st level).

Here's the link to the SRD that explains it fully:

3.5 SRD Skills

I hope this helps and btw, what book is this from?

Edit: is it Mongoose's D20 Sláine?

Last edited:

Another question about Titan Dwarves, do they just get all their racial traits listed on page 92 of the Tir-Nan-Og book...

ApplicationFrameHost_epoHVbLkhH.png

as well as the regular dwarf traits listed here on page 14 of the Slaine RPG core rule book...????
ApplicationFrameHost_vMTXh9UgRm.png

Remove ads