TMP: Bardroid list.

W

WizO_Pounamu

And after all that...

The boss would now like us to look at cropping the list. There's no number to the crop.

Could people please pick out things that they think we could do without, eg things thay probably wouldn't get too much use, and maybe say why? That way we can fingure out which items are best to stay and go. ;)

eg, cornchips. They're almost the exact same as nachos aren't they?

- Pounamu

Jetbomb24

First Post
The difference between corn chips and nachos is fairly large here (in NY), as well. Corn Chips refer to things like fritos and sometimes bugles and doritos. Nachos are tortia chips cover in cheese sauce (generally only in gas stations and concession stands), or fixings like ground beef, melted cheese, lettuce, tomatos, etc.

As for streamlining the list, we could generalise a lot of stuff and cut out the repeats. Mints, Chocolate, and Sweets could all be covered by Candy here. Either Surge or Soda should be dropped. Fruitwedges could be dropped and "Whole or Prepaired" added to fruit's description. Bagels could be added to bread. Corn Chips should be added to 'Crisps' (both are refered to as chips).

That would cut a fair amount from the list.

M

Missy Lane

Hmmm. Personal oppinion, cupcake & cake are pretty similar. Couldn't we just go for one or the other? Or is there some special difference in NY that you've been keeping secret from me? The ingredients and taste should be pretty similar just the shape difference. I'm up for cupcakes, but that's because I'm a child at heart and you can make smiling faces on them; plus they're easier to eat.

Jetbomb24

First Post
Cupcakes are those little things that come in plastic wrappers with cream filling, normally. Cakes tend to be wide and diverse, like the ones you see in resturant display cases. We also might want to consider how appropriate the foods are for the setting... most nightclubs don't serve cupcakes.

M

Missy Lane

Well, I'll have to believe you on most of that...I'll blame my Aussie ignorance. Couldn't you just have fresh cup cakes under the cakey section?

J

JudeSedai

...wow, when I saw cupcakes, I thought they meant the fresh-baked kind, too....

The little things in plastic wrappers I tend to call by the brand names ^_^

So it wasn't just you, Missy....

M

Missy Lane

WizO_Pounamu said:
Purplestuff: A cup of sugary, flavored purple liquid. Often called bug juice by kids and campers for... various reasons. $2.00
Purplealc: a thick, syrupy drink that's purple in color, like kool-aid and vodka with a vacuum packed punch. Looks a lot like the innocent purple stuff. $12.00
Can somebody possibly explain these? I cant say I've ever heard/seen either. Sorry for being oblivious, but I cant help it!

Jetbomb24

First Post
ok, the name purplestuff orginally came from the cantina from a drink which is now listed as purplealc. The name was given to describe any generic kool-aid like drink (aka: bug juice if you've ever been to camp :) ). Since we're using BD in TMP, we're still using the cantina menu. Purplealc, it turns out, is still one of the most popular drinks and was added to the TMP list (or had enough support that it was on the orginal list). We really should return the name 'purplestuff' to it's rightful place, though... We could call 'kool-aid' something like 'bug juice', 'fruity sap/syrup', or 'not-quite fruit juice' instead.

Remove ads