to all the dm's of my games i am in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I have a very serious family situation unfolding. My Nephew in the US Navy has fallen over board and they are still looking for him. It is coming up on 24 hours now.

I may be slow to respond as I am trying to keep in contact with my family on this.

thank you in advance.

David J.

AKA Scott DeWar

Savy71

First Post
Your nephew

Hello,
My thoughts and prayers are with you, your sailor and your family. My fiancee is on one of the ships that is traveling with the Boxer and I know how awful this must be for your family. Please keep me posted if you here anything. I am following all news possible and found this post through a google search. We are praying that your nephew is found and safe.

Take care,
Carmen

Scott DeWar

Thanky you. i have heard nothing more as of yet. I will keep things posted though.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

The Navy is only able to search for one more day. They continue to give their best efforts with the fullest extent of technology they have available. This is all i have at this time. thank you every one.

Scott DeWar

the navy has stopped searching- My nephew was never found. His lost at sea. My personal thank you to all well wishers.

Boddynock

First Post
David, this is such an awful thing to happen to your nephew, and your family, out of the blue. Not having a body to bury - to say goodbye to - will make it even harder for you all. Allow yourselves time to grieve, and to say goodbye. And above all, share the stories and celebrate his life.

There's a prayer in the Anglican funeral service which I've always been thankful for:

Loving God ...
In our sorrow give us the calm of your peace.
Kindle our hope, and let our grief give way to joy ...

Not that it doesn't hurt, and not that we're not angry, but life will not be defeated.

Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads