• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To the Designers: May we please have the DDXP errata?

Obscure

First Post
The halfling paladin's Will Defence dropped from 16 to 14.

And the Wizard's Scorching Burst description got broken up across the column, which is fugly.

Obscure

First Post
fafhrd said:
Hmm. I imagine Ray of Frost is At Will for a wizard. Half elf feature: gain at will power from another class as an encounter power?

I think it's more likely that a warlock can choose a power from the wizard's at-will list as an encounter power.

Green Knight

First Post
Here're some of the changes I've picked up on.

- Corrin the Halfling Paladin's WILL DEFENSE went down from 16 to 14.
- Old Corrin the Halfling Paladin's sheet read as follows:

Your powers are called prayers, since they are from the divine power source. Some of your powers require you to use a weapon and some require you to have your holy symbol (also called an implement) in hand. If a power does not state "weapon" or "implement", then you don't need to have your weapon or holy symbol in your hand.

It now reads...

Your powers are called prayers, since they are from the divine power source. Some of your powers require you to use a weapon. If a power does not state "weapon", then you don't need to have your weapon in your hand. You usually have your holy symbol (an implement) in your hand when you use certain powers, but it's not required.

- Erais the Human Cleric's Initiative Bonus went from a +1 to a +0.
- Erais the Human Cleric's description of Prayers at the start of page two has changed just as Corrin's has.
- Erais the Human Cleric's Encounter Powers have been reworded slightly. Originally, under the Special section, Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune, Channel Divinity: Power of Amaunator, and Channel Divinity: Turn Undead read as follows:

Special: You can use divine fortune, power of Amaunator, or turn undead once per encounter, but not two or more of these in the same encounter.

Now it says...

Special: You can use divine fortune, power of Amaunator, or turn undead once per encounter, but only one of them per encounter.

- Riardon the Eladrin Ranger's Careful Attack used to inflict 1d10+4 damage. Now it does 1d10 damage.

- Skamos the Tiefling Wizard's character sheet used to read as follows:

Your powers are called spells, since they are from the arcane power source. Some of your powers require you to have your wands (also called an implement) in hand. If a power does not state "implement", then you don't need to have your wand in hand.

Now it says the following...

Your powers are called spells, since they are from the arcane power source. You usually have a wand (an implement) in your hand when you use your powers, but it's not required.

- Tira the Half-Elf Warlock's description of Spells at the start of page two has changed just as Skamos's has
- Tira the Half-Elf Warlock's Ray of Frost spell has changed from an At-Will Power to an Encounter Power.

And that's pretty much all the changes. Don't think I missed any, but you never know. Although I'm surprised they didn't fix the Point Buy errors while they were at it. All it would've entailed is taking two scores of 9 and reducing them to 8, and taking two scores of 11 and reducing them to 10.

Blizzardb

First Post
Funny that the paladin mark remains the same (and we were specifically told it was changed). Perhaps the correction is in the description of the marking that would be in the PHB, not in the power.

Last edited:

Rugger

Explorer
I am pretty sure I remember Mearls saying something about the Ray of Frost being either a Half-elf related feature or feat...something about being a dabbler in magic...

That was at my 1st 4E game at DnDXP, so I was still devouring the character sheets and may have mis-heard him.

-Matt

Elsidar

Explorer
How's this for irritating? I just tried to download the character sheets again to check on something; I'm on a different computer now, and the sheets I ended up with match the scans from the Picasa gallery! Even after clearing out my cache, I still end up with the old ones.

Anybody else getting this? What do you think's going on?

Nebulous

Legend
You know, that Careful Shot seemed too powerful when i looked at it. Bumping down the damage by 4 is a good change. I'll have to remember to scribble that in on the sheet. Heck, i wonder how many scribbles i'm going to have to make?

Falling Icicle

Adventurer
Nebulous said:
You know, that Careful Shot seemed too powerful when i looked at it. Bumping down the damage by 4 is a good change. I'll have to remember to scribble that in on the sheet. Heck, i wonder how many scribbles i'm going to have to make?

I thought that at first too, but then it was pointed out to me that Warlocks get to attack Reflex defense with Eldritch Blast, so it only makes it fair for rangers, since AC is usually several points higher.

Remove ads