To the noble BORN 6/9/08 (finished)

wysiwyg

First Post
Jason Aurelius

"Don't get too loose there, cousin, tomorrow starts at dawn and will only finish after a long day in the saddle & night duty."

WarShrike

First Post
"Nothing to fear, i've a high tolerance. Lots of practice, if you know what i mean? Speaking of practice, i propose a toast. To our little healer lass. May Fharlanghn bless her and keep her well on this long road, after all, our continued good health may well be dependant on hers, upon entering the wildlands." That said, Xaros drains the goblet. He then leans over towards Lily and whispers: "Just between you and I, lass, i'm rather fond of short women" and winks conspiratorily at her.

Refilling his goblet once more, he asks of Rayburn: "Does your family brew this magical vintage, Sir? I ask only because your father's skill at brewing is quite legendary in some circles."

Dekana

Explorer
Kerin said:
"Pelor and Yondalla both seek to protect their worshipers and truely represent complementary aspects of the life-giving sun. I am honor to be traveling with a servant of Yondalla" says Kerin with a small bow to Lily.
Lily smiles at Kerin, and says "I'm certain there will be no discomfort. We may represent different faiths, but I'm sure we honor many of the same ideals; protection of hearth and home, sanctity of life, and love of family..."

She raises her glass as Xaros announces his toast, taking a small sip to be polite. She has hardly touched the wine tonight. Her smile wanes a bit as Xaros blatantly flirts with her, but she answers his toast with "I'm honored to be traveling with you gentlemen. No matter what dangers there are on the road, I have no doubt that my well-being will be assured with such fine company. And none of you will have reason to lose hope while I am here; I'm quite clear on what my temple expects me to do...". This last part she speaks quietly to Xaros. "...and what NOT to do."

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Pillar of righteousness huh? Tell me Keris, if you were to get into a grey area, do you pray for guidance, decide by yourself, or consult superiors? This assumes you have ample time.
I've also wondered if you can lie when it supports some greater good.

"Does your family brew this magical vintage, Sir? I ask only because your father's skill at brewing is quite legendary in some circles."

Count Hathwick glances around the table glowering at Xaros as he pours another glass and whispers to the halfling lass.

No I don't have the grape fields to grow this, my brewing skill is all out of glass tubes and expensive powders. Its really more of a hobby.

Last edited:

Zaset

First Post
Evilhalfling said:
No I don't have the grape fields to grow this, my brewing skill is all out of glass tubes and expensive powders. Its really more of a hobby.

Rayburn shakes off visibly whatever it was he was concentrating on before, and meets his father's gaze.

"Speaking of which, father, certain of my instructors at the academy were wondering how your 'hobby' is progressing. They seemed quite interested in your research. I hadn't realized quite how large your reputation was among them."

He takes a moment to savor a bite of pork, then turns slightly to get Xaros' attention.

"As for this being our vintage, I'm afraid my father's quite right. Besides, our lands are mostly wood and hills. The only alcoholic things made locally are some rather hearty ales. Tis mostly the peasants who drink them, though there are some artisans among the brewers."

After a slightly withering gaze from his father, he continues hastily, "Or so I've been given to believe."

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Evilhalfling said:
Pillar of righteousness huh? Tell me Keris, if you were to get into a grey area, do you pray for guidance, decide by yourself, or consult superiors? This assumes you have ample time.

"My name is Kerin, and I seldom see the need where the truth itself does not support the greater good. As for grey areas, well if one has ample time one consults all resources. If you have some reaction that is not clear in your workshop, do you not consult tomes and others skilled in the craft? Assuming of course you have ample time. When you do not have ample time, when the reaction is critical and you must act or lose the reaction, what resources do you rely upon?" replies Kerin directly.

Zaset

First Post
Fenris said:
"My name is Kerin, and I seldom see the need where the truth itself does not support the greater good. As for grey areas, well if one has ample time one consults all resources. If you have some reaction that is not clear in your workshop, do you not consult tomes and others skilled in the craft? Assuming of course you have ample time. When you do not have ample time, when the reaction is critical and you must act or lose the reaction, what resources do you rely upon?" replies Kerin directly.

Rayburn watches Kerin attentively, from the corner of his eye, though he appears to be looking more toward the Count Hathwick.

wysiwyg

First Post
Jason Aurelius

Evilhalfling said:

"Ah sir, I see you are quite a philosopher. As to your first question. Well, in a real scenario, one never has enough time to 'seek guidance'. One's own training and instincts must solve the dilemma. In a 'brewery' setting, where time is not of the essence, one would certainly be a fool not to consult others when in doubt."
Jason takes a small sip from his glass, and continues "As to the dreaded 'lie'. Well let me ask than. Is a lie some dark black disease that is evil simply because it's not the truth? Should every ugly maiden be told the truth when she ask if she is pretty? Would it support the 'greater good' by telling her that she is not? Indeed not! A lie is evil if it is spoken to promote one's own interest at the cost of another. In such a time, it never conflicts with a greater good, as you have mentioned. Now father, gentlemen and ladies, if you will excuse me, I must prepare for tomorrow (as no one else will do so for me) and get a good night's rest in order to leave by dawn."

WarShrike

First Post
"Don't let the bed bugs bite! Not that there would be bugs in such a hospitable place." says Xaros, cheerfully. Turning to Rayburn, he speaks in a lowerd voice, as not to interrupt the moral debate between the Count Hathwick and Kerin. "Sir, you seem somewhat distracted, perhaps even troubled, is anything amiss?"

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Fenris said:
"My name is Kerin, and I seldom see the need where the truth itself does not support the greater good. As for grey areas, well if one has ample time one consults all resources. If you have some reaction that is not clear in your workshop, do you not consult tomes and others skilled in the craft? Assuming of course you have ample time. When you do not have ample time, when the reaction is critical and you must act or lose the reaction, what resources do you rely upon?"

Right, Kerin. I rely on my own mind far more than any other, while I do consult with a few when a united front is as important as the goal, or when my knowledge of specifics is less than another, etc. Rarely do I seek out advice, orders, judgement, etc, from those above me in station. Perhaps it is a chief difference between a lord and a paladin.

As for lying I find that saying nothing frequently works better, both in terms of preserving the greater good and sparing the feelings of others.

Rayburn only [sblock]This has not been your experiance with him, sparing the feeling of others rarely his priority[/sblock]

Good night, young Redwold, sleep well.

Now shall we call it a night, or bring out the candied yams? Just beet sugar I'm afraid.
but speaking of bugs etc, I hear that the Laviners are expecting another shipment from the Isles soon.

Jared Anuvian shakes his head, and says quietly "no pure sugar will be offered this season my lord, perhaps next. "

Last edited:

Remove ads