• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To the noble BORN 6/9/08 (finished)

Dekana

Explorer
"Oh dear, I hope he's alright. Should we all go back, or rest at this inn for a few days until Jason gets back?" Lily says sounding genuinely worried.

ooc: yep, I'm still here.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Kerin puts a hand on Jason's shoulder. "You must go. Family must come first. You may join us later if you can, otherwise we shall find you upon our return."

WarShrike

First Post
"Well, i do hope theres a good crowd tonight. If so, we might not need coin to sleep here. Personally, i would rather not let on about how much we are worth out here, and less so the farther out we go."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Xaros has left his noble's outfit in his room at Count Hathwick's. He did however bring his signet ring, just in case.[/SBLOCK]

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Jason meets Kerin’s gaze squarely “Thanks.” Then to Lily and the rest of you You probably shouldn’t wait for me. If things ‘fall into the soup” I may not be returning, we all know the duties of a younger son.” He turns his horse and rides off into the night with his squire. The darkening sky still smells of rain.

The Green Dragon Inn– The common room is packed, and to your surprise at least 75% of the crowd is women, mostly in simple grey travelling dresses. Some are armed with staves, spears or maces, but none are obviously armored.

The men mostly are at their own tables, they trying not to stare. A bone thin woman with a lined face and steel gray hair wearing a green dress and an apron, comes to meet you, “I’m Mrs. Barkoft, the owner. I’m sorry but I don’t think we can accommodate all of you. We have a full house tonight, and only 1 small private room vacant, although the little lady can probably get space in the common hall downstairs. I do have room for your horses, if you don’t mind 2 to a stall. We have this traveling group of pilgrims taking up most of the rooms.“

Zaset

First Post
Rayburn mutters towards Xaros:

[sblock]It's not likely these ones would provee amenable to your music in any case.[/sblock]

Rayburn looks around for a moment, and then addresses the innkeeper:

"Do you know if the other inn we saw on our way into town had any rooms? And, who is the leader of these pilgrims? I'm curious as to their business."

WarShrike

First Post
"Aye, and a fine bunch of pilgrims they are, too. Where's this pilgrimage going a-pilgrimming to?"

That said, Xaros leans back an says cospiratorily to Rayburn:

[SBLOCK=Rayburn]"They might, or they might be amenable to other charms. With some luck, we'll be finding ourselves a few rooms tonight, if you know what i mean."[/SBLOCK]

Dekana

Explorer
Mrs. Barkoft said:
We have a full house tonight, and only 1 small private room vacant, although the little lady can probably get space in the common hall downstairs.
Lily immediately says, "Sounds great to me!" She turns toward her companions, and announces "I'll be here for the night if anyone needs me." The halfling then walks toward a group of pilgrims in the common room, making conversation. She asks various questions, not giving much time for an answer before asking something else.

"What kind of group are you? Like a religious sect? ... Where are you going? ... How long have you been traveling? ... Are you expecting any particular danger on the road?" ... and so forth. She also gets some dinner, if the inn serves food.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The other Inn? (RAYBURN: its Boboo the Dancing Wench, you have probably been there before) I’m afraid they do. Actually they are about the same price as mine, 2 gold a night each, IF all you want there is the room....
As to what they are doing you should ask Pardoness Schaufee over there. “
she gestures then after a long look at Reyburn adds “I think they are just passing peacefully through this county, on their way to Laviner city. Did you want the room?”

Lily the women are content for you to join them, but are quiet at first. They seem sad.
The room is 4 silver, and the stew and mead are 3.

OOC: rolls, some may have been unnecessary. I've decided to post internal info in itallics, If it is actually something sensitive, ill put it in a spoiler.
Reyburn : 4+7+1= 12 gather info
Xaros 18+6= 24 gather info
Lily 11+6=17 kn religion; 11+2+2=15 gather info(untrained) Details withheld as your actions cover more time.
Kerin 4+1=5 kn religion (untrained) No Clue.

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The women do not seem to appreciate the jaunty tune, and one older woman in gray asks “Do you know How Green the Grass? I would like to hear it once more, before …” this song has a more melancholy theme. The pilgrims pay a lot more attention this time, although one starts crying, and leaves the room.

At Liliy’s table the women start to open up and one explains that “We are on a pilgrimage to the goddesses shrine for the souls of others. We hope to avoid more tragedies on the road.” She tears up a bit but one of the other women comforts her. It turns out that they have come from different towns, and that only a few are actually servants of the goddess.
It definitely feels like a funeral. You remember that humans worship a death goddess named Wee Jas, this may be the goddess that they are speaking of.

Anyone volunteering to sleep in the wild / stable / or head for Boboos?

Remove ads