• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To the noble BORN 6/9/08 (finished)

Dekana

Explorer
Lily apologizes when she sees her questions provoke a tearful response. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset anyone. .. But this tragedy on the road, was it some danger that's still present? I've been charged with protecting some travelers myself, and I would be quite careless if I don't make sure the path is safe."

[sblock=ooc]I understand if these ladies aren't part of the adventure Evilhalfling... but randomness is part of what's great about this game. :D Lily will get some sleep if there isn't anything she can do to help, aside from leaving the party of course.[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
WarShrike said:
"I suppose i'll be keeping my horse company tonight. There are worse places to sleep than a stable. I know. I have."

"While not the accommodations I am used to or would prefer, humility is good for the soul, so I will join you in the stables Xaros." adds Kerin

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
“It was my daughter deary, she was killed by goblins last month. We all have tragedy enough and don't expect more while on the road."

The rest of the night passes peacefully. The stables are warm and they keep off the rain. Not as bad as you were expecting. In the common sleeping room the women talk late into the night about those they have lost. In the morning before returning to the main floor a woman presses a ornamental gold ring into Lily’s hand “You remind me so much of my daughter, so quick and lively. She isn’t going to need this and I don’t want my greedy son to get his hands on it.” The Pilgrims are still getting ready when you ride out the next morning.

The next three days pass quickly, although some of you are still sore after each days riding. The Inns vary in quality, but getting rooms, in the stables or private rooms is not a problem. The fourth day is sunny and seems peaceful, the last cluster of houses was passesd about 4 miles back. The road you are on has trees to the right and a short stone wall to the left. Xaros is just beginning another song called “Red Wedding” where all the gods were personally invited to attend the wedding of an over-proud wizard.
“The longboat sailed up the rivers trail / strange white ratmen foamed at its rail/ Hextor's man pushed back his chair...

Turning a corner in the track you find a downed tree blocking your way. The trunk sticks out from the trees, and the heavy bough covers the wall on the far side of the road. A hunting horn sounds from ahead you, from behind the crown of the fallen tree.
ARRROOOOOH !!!!
You hear the sounds of men rushing through the trees towards the road behind of you.
Kerin can see at least one, Lily and Xaros estimate its either 4 or 5 men, carrying spears.

How do you react?

OOC: initiative; name ; (perception)
19 ; Kerin ; (12)
18 ; Reyburn ; (8)
15 ; Lily ; (23)
8 Xaros ; (21)
7 Strangers

Attachments

• Enc1.xls
    18 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Kerin readies his shield and lance and trots to the rear of the party (towards the men) and calls out "Ho there, what business do you men have here?" while detecting evil on the men.

Dekana

Explorer
Lily, HP: 12, AC: 18, Fort: +5, Ref: +2, Will: +8

Lily draws her longbow, but waits to fire pending a response to Kerin's greeting. She isn't hopeful for any kind of diplomacy however; a horn call and men charging the group with spears? "They're probably bandits..." she says in a low voice to Xaros. "Let's hail arrows on them at 15 feet from Kerin if they don't stop their charge." Lily knocks an arrow, ready for an attack.

Move action: draw Composite Longbow.
Standard action: ready action to fire at the first person to come within 15 feet of Kerin, if they haven't stopped running or addressed his hail.
MW Composite Longbow: +3 piercing (1d6+1, 20x3)

WarShrike

First Post
Since Lily acts sooner, Xaros will follow her suggestion and ready action to shoot anyone who moves threateningly towards Kerin, regardless of distance however.

Xaros nods to Lily in ascent.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Reyburn looks a little dazed, as if he is not all there, but those close see him palm a wand.

The men in the forest angle away from Kerin, 3 coming out on the road, about 15’ back, two drop the but of their spears to the road, while the one behind them gets caught on a vine, and stumbles out onto the road. The men are a little ragged looking and wearing leather armor. Two others don’t make it to the road. One of these gets to close to Kerin and Lily shoots at him, hitting a tree instead. He flinches and Xaros fires as well, but with more accuracy. The man collapses into a bush, bleeding.

Two more men rush out from behind the fallen tree to a position at the front of the party. One holding a bow at the ready yells “It is them, get in your positions!” and fires his bow at Xaros. The man beside the bowman holds his spear ready. One of the guys in the road asks “Hey where is the fifth?”

OOC
Lilly 11+3-2 = 12 deflected by cover
Xaros 18+4-2=20 (7 damage)
Bowman = 14 @ Xaros (miss)
Map is attached:

Attachments

• Enc1_2.xls
    18.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Lily, HP: 12, AC: 18, Fort: +5, Ref: +2, Will: +8

The pony Lily is riding begins panicking from the oncoming battle. "Steady, Champ!" She tries soothing the animal, but is forced to dismount it so its bucking wouldn't spoil her longbow shots.

Lily quickly finds a new target as she lands on the ground. Focusing on a spearman near Kerin, she nocks, draws, and looses an arrow at the man. There's so many of them! The cleric begins to worry that Kerin will be surrounded by all of the bandits, so she shouts to him, "Don't be a hero, trying to fight all of them yourself!".

Move action: Dismount, land at P15.
Standard action: Fire at the man at B15, or the nearest enemy if he's already disabled.
MW Composite Longbow: +3 piercing (1d6+1, 20x3)

Last edited:

Remove ads