• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To the Noble Born. (finished)

Jack of Tales

First Post
They have access to profession also. While most are useless some can be used for background traits or some like siege engineer are fun to have even if you never get to use it..

Going to be away for a few days until Sunday night or monday. Going kite-surfing, hell yea! I hope to be able to join the game when the party returns to Trise? maybe?

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Jack,
I had plans for you to be in Bremenburg, the next town. If your in Tarse instead, we can breeze by the last town instead of stopping in both. (which is good)
Problems to work out:
1. Did you come past the ambush or by another road?
2. Why are you stopped in the Hamlet waiting for the group?
3. Are you trusted to travel the roads alone? (unlikely)
----You could come with a few armed guards, or sneak out by yourself.
4. Would any of the PCs recognize you on sight?
---- You could be carrying an official letter of introduction, with Count Hathwick’s seal.

Jack of Tales

First Post
I'm good with either town. I assumed Tarse could make sense not because she is waiting there but rather she is happening through the hamlet after the party. Cait would of course be with her favorite two bodyguards, Caprise and Lily, two female knights in the family's employ. Warshrike's PC, Xaros, may know her at least by appearance if not name. She would of course also have a letter of introduction from the Count as to be more official. If the ambush was on the road away from the Count's place of residence then she would not have passed it by. If vice versa, she could either have gone by another path or she could have passed by it.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I finally checked shapeshift, you were right about the swift action.
Looks like your good to go, post her to the rogues guild, and go ahead and post her arrival to Tarse.
edit
You will be coming from a different direction than the ambush, and be hurrying to Bremenburg to catch up with the group.

Last edited:

Jack of Tales

First Post
Cait Vahanil at Age 14

Got bored in one of my government classes today. Damn substitutes read the powerpoints too closely. So I wrote up this blip to flesh out Cait's background a little:
Day Two
A light breeze brushes leaves along the morning air. Dew flutters down in drops, sprinkling across Cait’s tightly bound hair. She peers through the tree branches while perched in a large white oak searching for her prey. The young druid rests with one hand on the trunk and the other clenched around a wooden javelin. Her bright red hair has been bound back into a tight braid to keep it from catching on the trees. Her green eyes glint with the simple joy of hunting. The druid is dressed in the ritual garb of the hunting test a short brown shift decorated in green embroidered leaves. Her only weapon is a sling with several javelins that her friend Aaron had carved weeks prior to the test.

Cait’s pulse quickens as she watches the slim form of the deer eat from the leaves of a Girr Bush. From what Cait can recall of her lessons the bush is so named because of the odd, capital G shaped leaves and the small holes in the branches that make it growl when the wind brushes through it. The deer looked around with a mouthful of leaves as it ate, keeping both eyes open for danger. Lucky for Cait it did not seem to have seen her yet. The teenage noble lifted her left hand, the hand that was tightly wrapped around the javelin, and threw with all her might. Unfortunately, this also caused her to fall backwards out of the tree and into a holly bush. She let out a short scream as she fell and the deer bolted just as the javelin struck where it had been standing.

Cait crawled out of the bush and started cursing loudly. Small cuts ran across her face and arms from the bush’s horned leaves. It was early in the morning and Cait returned to her small camp after retrieving her javelin. It would not do to lose a weapon so early in the hunt. It was only her second day in the woods and she had been surviving on a diet of berries and small tubers but she was no closer to finishing the test. According to druid law, Cait must spend seven days out in the woods and return at noon on the seventh day with the head of a doe. It was the first test of her survival skills and was relatively simple, but it was not her strong suite. She decided to spend the rest of the day hunting for more deer trails, hoping to find another place that was frequented by the creatures as they would probably not return to the location of her failed ambush.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Thanks Jack - the Cait backstory was fun to read.

and Dekana I apperciate the mood reinforcement, that was exactly the contrast I intended with my description of the ravens. :)

Remove ads