To the Noble Born. (finished)

knight_isa

First Post
Rayburn's sheet has been updated.

Evilhalfling, pending your approval, I've picked Practiced Spellcaster from Complete Arcane as my 3rd level feat. It grants up to +4 caster level bonus (not to exceed character level--so Rayburn would have spell slots as a Wiz-2 but cast spells at caster level 3). Let me know if you want me to pick something else.

Also, I'm traveling to Japan on Tuesday (Apr 22) and wont be back until Sunday (Apr 27). I'm not sure if I'll have internet access during my trip. If I do, I'll post. If not, you can NPC Rayburn until Apr 28.

I guess I should check the OOC thread more often; I just noticed the post about pacing. I think it's just fine. Out of curiosity, would it make you feel better if we posted a message saying more or less "I checked this, but have nothing to add" when that's the case? It'd add a little clutter, but it would let you know that we haven't decided to ditch the game.

And on that note, thanks for running this game. I'm really enjoying it!

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Practiced spell caster is fine knight Isa, thanks for the notice of absence, I really appreciate it.
I don't think the checked in notice is necessary, I just get paranoid on occasion.

You guys should also decide where your going next, for example:
returning to speak with one of your families,
heading for southwick,
going to the capital to get royal approval of writ,
making for a city to do further historical research on Southwick.
You could also go off on a tangent
looking for the lost trade route
or other local adventures (in forests or bars)

I have a recap of chapter 1, I'll post it here, then move it to IC after you have finished your conversation and head out from there. If you have any suggestions or addtions to the summary let me know.

Chapter 1: the Fountain of Fortune
Summary of Events:

Week 1: Five young nobles are assembled by parents They are sent to find the “fountain of fortune”. Jason Aurilius, the son of an aggressive baron, is recalled due to family tragedy after one night on the road. Later, the group is ambushed by bandits, most were peasants, one a professional bandit. One of the peasants, Jonathan Keef surrenders. Kerin swears him to service, and he reveals that they were hired and directed to attack the group by a black-haired man with one-eye. A search of the bandits camp turns up 2 packets of unidentifiable black powder. Two other captives are turned over to the uncooperative and suspicious local baron, who hangs them.

Week2: The four are joined by young noblewoman. They begin their week-long journey into the wilds. The directions lead them to a magical fountain. A flash of light interrupts them, and it leads to the discovery of a colony of big, golden-furred spiders. During the battle Cait transforms into an animal and flees from her companions, reacting more like an animal than a human.
One of the spiders old cocoons is found to contain a body with keys, and a letter from a nobleman, which abdicates his position as the baron of Southwick to any who can clear his keep. A magic cloak, scrolls and valuables are also recovered. Drinking from the magical fountain appears to have no result. They then decide to ….

Last edited:

knight_isa

First Post
Woohoo! There's internet!

Anyway, Evilhalfling, from what Rayburn remembers, how far is Southwick from here? And where is our current position and Southwick relative to the Hathwick lands?

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Southwick is also on the southern, mountainus/hilly border, but far to the west. Its on the far side of the Hathawick lands. Perhaps 18 days total, mostly through reativily civilized lands.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
No problem Jack, I was just looking at jumping the game a week ahead, so your return now is better than later.
I believe you have been gone just over 30 minutes in game.
Unfortunately having missed both fights and the RP experiance for the intial dinner and tavern stop, you will still be at 2nd level, although you will catch up after a few encounters.

btw I noticed that you named a faction after this game in your own PbP :cool:

Jack of Tales

First Post
Lol I'm glad you caught that ^^

I'm fine with playing catch up, one level isn't much and I can provide backup for a few fights.
First time I've gotten to pull a character from the 'Retired' folder in awhile hehe

Should I go ahead and post an entrance in the IC?

EDIT: Read up to where Cait ran off: Lily what did you do to me! :p

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
sure go ahead and post Jack. If you havent seen the summary of events here in the OOC thread, that might be helpful as well.
I'm sure someone will reread you the letter that was found.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Thanks to 6 hours in an "effective business writing" class, instead of a regular workday.
I bring you this Haiku instead of an I.C. content-heavy post.

proper business prose
needs brevity, clarity
and good profreading.

Assuming I get in before my boss, actual content will post in the morning.

Remove ads