To the Noble Born. (finished)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
moved Regional History to first post.

Ferris - looks good, are you okay with being a minority religion? If you were part of the state religion a paladin would have a far more offical role to play in society. Your family could be worshipers of Pelor, or you could have broken with tradition to follow a allied, but different god.

Alexander and Warshrike - I tried to clarify skill post, does that make more sense?

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Finished! ... Although the original character concept I had made Lily sound more ADD-ish than I intended.

[sblock=stat block]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] "Flighty" Lily Fairgold
[B]Class:[/B] 2 Cleric
[B]Race:[/B] Halfling, Hairfoot
[B]Size:[/B] Small
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Alignment:[/B] Neutral Good
[B]Deity:[/B] Yondalla

[B]Str:[/B] 12 +1 (06p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 2        [B]XP:[/B] 1000
[B]Dex:[/B] 12 +1 (02p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +1         [B]HP:[/B] 12 (2d8)
[B]Con:[/B] 12 +1 (04p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] -2     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] 0/0
[B]Int:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 20'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] 0
[B]Wis:[/B] 18 +4 (10p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +1        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +0
[B]Cha:[/B] 12 +1 (04p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -6

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +6    +0    +1    +1    +0    +0    18
[B]Touch:[/B] 12              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 17

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                     +3    +1    +1     +5    (+1 racial to all saves)
[B]Ref:[/B]                      +0    +1    +1     +2
[B]Will:[/B]                     +3    +4    +1     +8
                                               (+2 racial to saves vs fear)

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
MW Composite Longbow      +3       d6+1        20x3   (range inc. 110ft)
Longspear                 +2       d6+1        20x3
Heavy Mace                +2       d6+1        20x2

[B]Languages:[/B] Reintish, Halfling, Celestial

[B]Character Traits:[/b]
Inattentive (for role playing only)
Quick (base land speed +10ft, -1 hp every level)

[B]Abilities:[/B] [URL=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#turnOrRebukeUndead]Turn Undead[/URL], Aura of Good, Spontaneous Casting

[B]Feats:[/B] Weapon Proficiency (Longbow)

[B]Untrained Skills[/b] (1/2 level + ability modifier is default)
Appraise:   +2   (1 level, 1 brooch)
Athletics:  -4   (1 level, 2 racial, 1 str, -6 acp)
Stealth:    +1   (1 level, 2 racial, 4 size, -6 acp)
Perception: +8   (1 level, 2 racial, 4 wis, 1 brooch)

[B]Trained Skills[/b]
Knowledge(religion): +6
Knowledge(arcana):   +6

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Banded Mail               250gp   17.5lb
Longspear                   5gp   4.5lb
Heavy Mace                 12gp   4lb
MW Composite Longbow (1)  500gp   1.5lb
Arrows (20)                 1gp   1.5lb
Pony ("Champ")             30gp
Riding Saddle              30gp
+2 Brooch of the Seer
Holy Symbol, Silver        25gp   1lb
Backpack                    2gp   .5lb
--Tent                     10gp   5lb
--Flask                     3cp   1.5lb
--Trail Rations x4          2gp   1lb
--Waterskin                 1gp   1lb
--Winter Blanket            5sp   .75lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]39.75lb      [B]Money:[/B] 32gp 4sp 7cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                32    64    97    97   487

[B]Domains[/b]
Good: Good spells cast at +1 caster level.
Protection: As a (Su) ability, grant a ward on someone you touch. The ward
grants a resistance bonus equal to cleric level on the next saving throw.
It lasts one hour, and takes a standard action to cast.

[B]Spells Prepared[/B]
0 (4): Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic
1 (3+1): Doom, Magic Weapon, Obscuring Mist,
         (Sanctuary)

[B]Age:[/B] 24
[B]Height:[/B] 2'10"
[B]Weight:[/B] 27lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Hazel
[B]Hair:[/B] Chestnut
[B]Skin:[/B] Fair
Appearance: A pretty typical looking Halfling girl with long, light brown hair. She has a somewhat plain face, but her eyes are always wide open with what (at first glance) appears to be youthful exuberance.

Background: Lily Fairgold was born into poverty - not at all a surprise in the feudal lands of South Denumbria. The young halfling learned various skills growing up with her nomadic family; shooting a bow, trading stories, tilling the land... She was never truly content however. Lily often saw the better life nobles led; figures in caravans clothed in silk, small armies hired to guard a baron's son, arcane schools for the richest pupils. Naturally, she wanted to bring the same comforts to her family and friends.

The young girl tried several crackpot schemes to make a quick fortune. She performed at inns as a singer, tried her hand at invention, and even dabbled in the magic arts. But no matter how great an idea she had, it would only last as long as she could keep interest in it - which was never very long. Finally she tried praying to her family's traditional deity, Yondalla, the benefactor of all halflings. To her utter amazement, her prayers were actually answered several times.

The Fairgold family settled in the newly formed Halfling Barony, hoping for an easier lifestyle. Lily took the opportunity to formally join a local church dedicated to Yondalla. Divine magic came quite easily to Lily. The priests speculated that perhaps the Goddess herself had taken a liking to the young lass. Unfortunately, they were frequently embarrassed by her tomboyishness, lack of patience, and loquaciousness [I love that word!]. More out of a desire to just get rid of her for a short time than to further their cause, Lily was designated the task of providing healing services for a party of young Noble adventurers...

attachment.php
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Lily.JPG
    Lily.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 721
Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Dekana said:
As he would not be a noble, what are the rules on starting gold and ability scores? Is persuasion required?

Same ability scores, starting gold =900, persuasion is not required.
You are also give a holy relic by your church, so that they don't loose face. I will figure out the relics powers based on god chosen but it will have ~4000 gp in value. The relic will also advance as you gain levels.

btw - The basic plot will cover gaining 2 levels, continuing past that depends on interest.

Fenris

Adventurer
Evilhalfling said:
moved Regional History to first post.

Ferris - looks good, are you okay with being a minority religion? If you were part of the state religion a paladin would have a far more offical role to play in society. Your family could be worshipers of Pelor, or you could have broken with tradition to follow a allied, but different god.

In light of the Regional History, I think I will move to Heironeous. I'll leave the basics but be called to serve Heironeous. I'll write it up a bit later. OK if my family stayed loyal to Funistan?

Zaset

First Post
This sounds like a really fun campaign.

Errrr. If there's still room, I'll roll up a character, and see what I can come up with.

That is, if it's alright with all of you. It'd be my first play-by-post game.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Zaset - be happy to have you, and welcome to the boards.
Have you read the general info stickies at the top of the thread?
PbP games are a large comitment, and you should know what your getting into.
I have run 3 other games, 2 ended abrubtly, one came to a graceful conclusion. (after about 6 months) I will probably post at least every other day to move things forward, more often in resopnse to questions. Weekends are usually off, with posts Friday and Monday.
Stats are on point buy. (28)
Hit points are average rolls (2.5-6.5) by class and rounded down.
I will roll all the dice in play, its up to you to post modifiers when you make a roll. This is more for speed than trust issues.

Fenris -
I'll change the history instead - Pelor may actually work better for the storyline. A paladin of Heorinious would be even more likely to have duties assigned rather than the freedom to wander. You would not have been invited to join the group, but the Noble lord (TBD) who is organizing it assures you that you were overlooked rather than exluded. He smiles when he tells you that he is happy to have a Paladin traveling with the other scions.

Dekana - Lilly looks interesting, odd to have a person with ADD and a high wisdom.

Dekana

Explorer
Evilhalfling said:
Dekana - Lilly looks interesting, odd to have a person with ADD and a high wisdom.
I figure she has good wisdom for the short term, such as reading people and situations, and finding the answer to an immediate problem. For the long term, eh, not so much. I actually tried not to have her charisma too high, as I decided people might be turned off by her childish (although pleasant) attitude.
Anyway, I'll try to finish up her sheet in the next hour or so.

Fenris

Adventurer
Evilhalfling said:
Fenris -
I'll change the history instead - Pelor may actually work better for the storyline. A paladin of Heorinious would be even more likely to have duties assigned rather than the freedom to wander. You would not have been invited to join the group, but the Noble lord (TBD) who is organizing it assures you that you were overlooked rather than exluded. He smiles when he tells you that he is happy to have a Paladin traveling with the other scions.
Cool. I figured a paladin of Pelor would be less, er divisive for a party. That was why I focused on healing, wasn;t sure we'd get a healer, and heck you can't have too much!

I assume we can start with magic items? I'll finish up equipment here soon.

Zaset

First Post
Just to check on something here --- if it's allowed, I'd be looking to get set up for the arcane trickster prestige class and begin as a multiclass rogue/wizard (1 level each). Might be a bad idea to start with a BAB of 0, but, eh, life's no fun without challenges.

The question is this: suppose I start with a level of rogue, as a human, with an int of 16. This gives me a +3 int bonus, plus 8 skills for being a rogue, and another for being a human. That's 12 skills to select straight off.

Wizard, I assume, then only gives me 1 bonus skills, since wizard doesn't give many skills to begin with.

Could I use 2 of the possible skills to select a skill that'd be cross-class instead (e.g., knowledge arcana)?

If this works out, I'll be the one setting off traps, I guess. Assuming we're to run into (m)any.

If this is a bad character concept, I have a few other ideas kicking around. I always wanted to try being an erudite...

Remove ads