D&D 5E To The Strongest: A Mercenary Story

Thateous

Explorer
"Can we combine the tactics? We could send a small elite group through the waterway and assault the two east side balista towers. Instead of using the towers to open the fort we use them to defend against the counter attack." Mercutio looks around the tent before continuing, "Brothers we must decide something."

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

"Remember we estimate only 150 men guarding the fort in total. Fifty of them guard the fort proper. That leaves a hundred between the towers and the patrols. If we estimated that ten soldiers man each tower that leaves only thirty patrolling the forest at any given time." Feyson looks to Theo and Mercutio. "We will need to scout the location again. Assuming our current intel is accurate two days from now would be folly. We are far from outnumbered unless they pull all their forces from the fortifications."

Feyson looks to the map and sighs.

"You are correct Mercy we need to decide. I think taking the towers is necessary and should be the primary objective. If we can capture one of the patrols my men and I can try to take the isolated tower using deceit. If not then we take the three easterly towers at once and move on to the two ballistae towers quickly there after. That will be a third of their forces removed and leave us with the advantage of mobility. We can look to send a small force to infiltrate the fort though the river if feasible. We can modify or change the plan once we have a chance to scout the region upon arrival."

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha nods stoically. "If we can take their towers, we take their advantage. Then we can stalk them in the woods as we please."

"I'm not claiming it will be easy, or go exactly to plan, but it's a good place to start."

River Song

Explorer
"Excellent," Theoparlis nods in agreement. "We need to be able to take the towers almost simultaneously otherwise the mutual fire will be murderous on our men. So, how do we take them? Do we try and gain entry during the pre-dawn hours? Hopefully catch them asleep?"

Thateous

Explorer
"We should have no problem setting an ambush for one of the patrols and then gaining access though deception. That takes care of one tower." Mercutio picks a pointed rock and places it on the map as a representation of Feyson's unit. "Okay wolves, let's simplify this. Keeping in mind the main objective of taking the fort, what do you think your unit can contribute?" Mercutio picks up a stick from the ground and places it in the woods to the east on the map. "My unit can act as a reactionary force of things get to heavy on any front, or we can take a tower."

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

River Song

Explorer
"Well, if I can get close to the main fort, I can use this," he taps the ever present Silver Horn at his side."If nothing else, it should stop them from mounting a defence of the watchtowers. If we approach under cover of darkness we should be able to take out sentries and open the gates on each tower and take them while they sleep. A lot of our boys are good at that sort of stuff. I can have my phalanx in the woods to the west, ready to barricade the main fort to stop them all coming out."

"I am also worried about that storehouse here." Feyson indicates the building defended by the two towers. "It seems to be pretty well defended for just a simple storehouse. We might want to keep an eye on it. Might have a nasty surprise waiting inside for any would be attackers."

Trogdor1992

First Post
"I have horsemen and skirmishers under my control, so I can be useful anywhere you need someone to strike fast and hard." Artemis says to the others.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Remove ads