• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To WotC: How to Pick Up Girls

takasi

First Post
One of the girls in our group (ok, the ONLY girl in our group) is the chattiest in the bunch when it comes to 4E talk.

Did none of your girls watch the videos on YouTube? Or read the designer blogs?

Both of these greatly appeal to the token gamer girl in our group.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
The only girl in my gaming group is actually interested in 4e. All the guys getting excited about it convinced her.

Plus the Harry Potter style wands of 4e was a huge selling point for her. She is a HUGE Harry Potter fan.

Felon

First Post
So basically, WotC should offer the following choice to all 4e characters: you can either start the game with a +5 keen vorpal wounding sword, or you can have a little dragon that sits on your shoulder and only listens to you and breathes on anybody who's mean to you.

Man, if there is one female gamer stereotype that holds true, it's that love for pets. Especially little dragons and talking cats.

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
... ...

So, ah, my big manly burly war-cleric of St. Cuthbert has a cute shoulder dragon.

It is a Dragonwrought Kobold Alter-Selfed into a tiny wyrmling dragon that happens to be a 15th level blaster sorcerer ... but Cute Shoulder Dragon nonetheless.

Then we've got the female cleric's Cute Shoulder Dragon (male player). A faerie dragon that sounds like Dr. Girlfriend.

And we have a Kobold rogue from level 5 or so that runs the trading company store while we're away.

And the Random Encounter Stock Orc that we kept around.

For a gaming group filled with beer-guzzling men, we have a whole ton of pets.

But no talking cats.

What do you think we are? Sissies?

(I do know my wife digs pet characters, and she's rather stereotypical about it. )

--fje

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Felon said:
So basically, WotC should offer the following choice to all 4e characters: you can either start the game with a +5 keen vorpal wounding sword, or you can have a little dragon that sits on your shoulder and only listens to you and breathes on anybody who's mean to you.

Man, if there is one female gamer stereotype that holds true, it's that love for pets. Especially little dragons and talking cats.

Oh, the sword will appeal too - check out the 1980s era X-Men comics. You're describing Illyana Rasputin and Kitty Pride (Magik and Shadowcat) ... :)

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Ways for 4e to appeal to the female gaming population:

Morale bonuses for adventuring parties with coordinated outfits.
Armor designs with fashion labels.
XP awarded for successful shopping in town.
Rats and spiders eliminated from game.

:p

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Thornir Alekeg said:
Ways for 4e to appeal to the female gaming population:

Morale bonuses for adventuring parties with coordinated outfits.
Armor designs with fashion labels.
XP awarded for successful shopping in town.
Rats and spiders eliminated from game.
Jeez, my girlfriend would be all over that like white on rice.

Felon

First Post
Umbran said:
Oh, the sword will appeal too - check out the 1980s era X-Men comics. You're describing Illyana Rasputin and Kitty Pride (Magik and Shadowcat) ... :)
Sure, but that's not what chicks wants. It's what guys want in a chick.

OK, fine. it's what I want in a chick.

Merkuri

Explorer
*raises hand*

This girl is looking forward to 4e. As someone who mostly plays online, I'm also looking forward to the technology aspects in hopes that it'll make my life easier.

Gez

First Post
DM_Jeff said:
“Characters get alternate sources of power”. :confused: Good job, real sexy. Geez, who’s writing this stuff?

<snip>
It’s OK, WotC, go talk to the girls. They won’t bite. :cool:

But... One of the alternate sources of power for your characters will be "being bitten by a radioactive girl"... :heh:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads