• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ToC CR 7 Finals - CN vs. CE: Juvenile Fang Dragon vs. Dust Wight

PJSlavner

Explorer
Thank you, Greybar. This was the easiest combatant I have had in the ToC so far, with the least thinking about tactics needed. It helped that throughout the last two combats 13 was the lowest Gansk rolled on a d20 for caster level checks against Spell Resistance.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Infiniti2000 said:
CN gives it up for LN, cheering that they finally won something. :p
I am surprised as anyone. It does not help that the first combat is always against you, Inifiniti. It helped that my CR 6 entrant is better than any of my CR 7 choices. Are we allowed to bring in a lower CR creature into the ToC? :)

Gansk

Explorer
“Ladies and gentle beasts! Welcome back to the CR 7 edition of the Tournament of Champions! Our first quarterfinal match features the best of the Chaotic Good forces against the best of the Lawful Evil forces.”

Making his way into the northeastern portion of the arena, this combatant measures 7 feet tall, 31 feet long and weighs 2500 pounds. His compatriot Heart of the Comet had a pathetic record of zero wins, one loss, and zero draws in the main battle, crushed by a cold element shambling mound. Representing the forces of Chaotic Good, please welcome the very young sanctified red dragon Imagoodguyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!”

Imagoodguy enters to the wild cheers of the Chaotic Good faction of the audience. This large creature has horns extending back over his neck, frilled ears, and smaller horns at his cheeks and chin. Rows of horns extend over the brows above his glowing golden eyes. His nose is beaklike and sports a small horn as well. A frill begins behind his head and runs to the tip of his tail. His neatly groomed scales shine with shades of crimson and scarlet.

“Now making her way into the southwestern portion of the arena, this combatant measures 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 176 pounds. She has an unimpressive record of zero wins, one loss, and zero draws. She was quickly crushed by an astral kraken. Representing the forces of Lawful Evil, please welcome the vampire Vampirellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!”

Vampirella strides into the arena. A sinister-looking warrior, she has pale skin, haunting red eyes, and a feral cast to her features. She wears a chain shirt and holds a spiked chain in her hands. A pouch belt surrounds her waist and a short bow and quiver of arrows are strapped to her back.

Psybo communicates telepathically to the two combatants. “Vampirella will have the initiative in the first round, but must choose her weapon in hand now. Imagoodguy will then decide where the two combatants will start.”

ugulu

First Post
Vampirella, in her finest Elvira-inspired mail, has her bow in hand and her spiked chain worn as an erotic-if-you-lean-to-the-crazy-side-of-the-steet boa.

ugulu

First Post
Remind me: does the VZ work the same way in the ToC?

Assuming Vampirella goes first, she'll move to 30n95e and take a shot with her bow and crank Dodge up to maximum.

Gansk

Explorer
Yes, all VZ rules apply.

Round 1: The poor range of the shortbow causes the arrow to miss (rolled 19-2).

A light ray shoots out of Imagoodgy's eye and fries Vampirella (rolled 29 touch).

Vampirella takes 20 damage and has 17 hp after healing.

Round 2!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads