• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ToC CR 7 Finals - CN vs. CE: Juvenile Fang Dragon vs. Dust Wight

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Equuos chooses 20N115E for himself, and 95N0E for Q

[sblock]
While Q is frosting himself over, Equuos will:
see invisible - will have 49+ min remaining after intro
protection from evil - will have 49+ min remaining after intro
aid - will have 5 min remaining after intro

or rather, after re-reading the TOC rules, I suppose he has technically cast those before the intro starts.
[/sblock]

Gansk

Explorer
Equuos is also large, so he is at 20N110E. Q noticed him concentrating during the introductions.

The hailstones affect Equuos (31 CL check). He takes 6 bludgeoning damage and no cold damage, leaving him with 25 hp. The hail also limits Equuos to half-movement as it continues to pound him.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Equuos strides up to 65n100e and, with a stomp, unleashes bolts of magic missile at Q.

Gansk
[sblock]
Does that mean that Equuos didn't get his aid spell up?
[/sblock]

PJSlavner

Explorer
Wow, Eguuos is fast if he can stride that far when for most of the way his speed was halved.

Q will walk over to 80N70E and let loose with a cone of cold.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Since I don't know how big the hailstorm is, head him for that direction and we'll see how much of his movement is halved... :)

PJSlavner

Explorer
I am sorry about that. The hailstorm was a twenty-foot radius cylinder with a height of forty feet.

Q will not let loose with a cone if Equuos is out of range.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
He does have a lot of movement, thankfully. He can get to 60n110e and still fire off the missiles, which I think is clear of the storm and should all work out.

Gansk

Explorer
Greybar:[sblock]Technically Equuos should only get the magic circle during prep time since that was in the only buff in your e-mail, but I will give him aid to give him a fighting chance.[/sblock]

OOC: Correction - Equuos has 38 hp after taking the 6 bludgeoning damage.

Round 1: Equuos moves to 60N110E and fires three magic missiles.

Q takes 9 and has 43 hp left.

Round 2: A cone of cold affects Equuos (27 CL check). He fails to dodge (11 Ref save) and takes 50-10 damage.

"The winner after two rounds and CR 6 champion - Q!"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads