ToC CR 7 Finals - CN vs. CE: Juvenile Fang Dragon vs. Dust Wight

Gansk

Explorer
Things like walls could be treated as objects with spells cast on them, but if a spell created multiple walls, I don't think that you could dispel all the walls by shooting a ray at one wall.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Whisper will go ahead and finish gauth off.
I think the holy weapons are a bit much for cr 6 - but if many of those rays were save or die
then it balances out I guess.

ugulu

First Post
G: agree it would not take out all the walls (spells) - but I think it would apply (pass or fail) against the first one it contacted.

Holy Weapons at CR6 are a bit much - if you're running evil PC's who run into one of these things it would be ugly.

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: That's exactly right, the dispel ray took out the first image that it contacted.

The first arrow hits for 12 plus 10 holy damage.

"The winner, by standard victory in two rounds, Whisperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"

OOC: ugulu, do you mind running CE against LG? I'm fairly certain that you won't consider your LG opponent to be broken. ;)

ugulu

First Post
Heh - with my track record, it won't be a long combat. Fire away with the CE contenders.

Rewind: on the dispel...it did dispel an image, but not the first spell it encountered - which is my query. It would be like knocking a 5'x5' hole in a bigger wall.

Gansk

Explorer
ugulu said:
Rewind: on the dispel...it did dispel an image, but not the first spell it encountered - which is my query. It would be like knocking a 5'x5' hole in a bigger wall.

Let's say Whisper used the spell Summon Monster II to summon three celestial rats. Goth's ray hits a rat. Should the dispel magic cancel the spell and make all the rats disappear?

ugulu

First Post
Touché. :)
I still learn towards wiping the spell, but but I definitely see the other side of it, especially given that example (definitely only one rat would go). Mercifully Goth didn't live long enough for it to matter.

ugulu

First Post
G: figure your still buried with work (this is an illness that seems to be going around...I need a cure) - just wanted to send a ping to let you know I sent off the CE contenders last night (in case you didn't see it).

Remove ads