• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tokiwong's 3.5 Game: Chapter 1 (The Swarm)

Tokiwong

First Post
Jalban as advanced Scout

Staying hidden the trail is difficult considering it is just a rocky path, there is sparse vegetation to use as cover, but the rocks are plentiful, and overhead a darkening sky looms, as the sun begins to set in the west. Jalban leads the way scouting ahead about 200 feet in front of the party, for another three miles or so up the rocky trail, he comes to another impasse, where the trail branches off to the east, and the main road continues on to the south. From the map this is the last branching on the map from the main trail. It took nearly three hours to cover the distance, and to continue any further may tire out the party, without adequate rest.

Hide Check is 24 total, makes Jalban move at half speed to effectively stay hidden during the trek. Spot Check is 13, and Listen check is 17 over the course of the journey. To continue any further would be a Forced March situation.

Jalban has not spotted any signs of goblins, or spiders as he scouts ahead of the party.

The Rest of the Party

Lif listens to the story told by Bjorn with great interest, he seems intrigued by everyone, and asks many questions about who you are, where you come form, and why you have chosen to adventure. It is hard to keep track of Jalban until he returns to the party, and announcing his presence, as you follow him up the mountain for the next three hours. Thankfully nothing has happened that has threatened your lives, yet…

Hammerhead

Explorer
Kerrik answers Lif's questions in an evasive way, stating that he wants to Travel and see the world. He never mentions anything about his home, his birth, his family, or even what city he's from.

So what do we do now? he asks when Jalban returns.

Tokiwong

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Kerrik answers Lif's questions in an evasive way, stating that he wants to Travel and see the world. He never mentions anything about his home, his birth, his family, or even what city he's from.

So what do we do now? he asks when Jalban returns.
"Ahh travel and the see world eh, must be a grand life you lead, Kerrik," he turns to Jalban, "seen anything yet, or should we press on, or camp, camping could be good, sleep, and then start again. But then my friends, I don't know how long they will last..." he says grimly.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Tokiwong said:
"Ahh travel and the see world eh, must be a grand life you lead, Kerrik," he turns to Jalban, "seen anything yet, or should we press on, or camp, camping could be good, sleep, and then start again. But then my friends, I don't know how long they will last..." he says grimly.
"Rest is surely a good idea. But we need extra patrols tonight. Whatever sent the spiders at us got away and we need to protect ourselves from them again." Bjorn says.

Tokiwong

First Post
semmarin said:
Drakor nods to Bjorn “I agree we should rest, but only for as long as is needed. I’ll take the first watch.”
Lif nods again, "Aye, and I can take second watch if need be, the human should atke the last watch, his eyes will be better for the waning darkness eh? The rest of us, even the half-elf should have little trouble, the red moon is full," he gestures to the starry sky overhead, and the full red moon in the sky, its smaller blue cousin just a simple crescent in the sky.

A chill breeze, dances over the rocks, as the party discusses the plans for the evening.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
Thank Pelor, Lord of Mercy, we're finally stopping. Kerrik was unused to so much frantic walking, and his legs ached from the thousands of steps across the rocky mountain trail. Laying down, Kerrik streches, yawns, and then declares Well, as an arcanist, I'm going to need more sleep than everyone else. Ferret will keep watch for me, considering he's spent most of the day sleeping on my shoulder.

Kerrik's familiar then perks up, looking around, his nose twitching in the air.

ferretguy

First Post
As the party discussess the options, Jason also votes for a stop as his feet do hurt from all this walking...I would be willing also to take a watch...perhaps I could take the first or the last with the wizard as he may not be as alert if he is occupied with other things arcane... Although I also could use some sleep, even if the ground ain't like a good feather bed

Last edited:

Remove ads