• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tomb of Annihilation Is Here - What Do You Think?

Today's the day - WotC's latest Dungeons & Dragons adventure, Tomb of Annihilation, is out! Head on down to your friendly (or unfriendly) local (or not so local) gaming (or comic) store and pick up your copy. Alternatively, if you use a virtual table top, it's available for Fantasy Grounds and Roll20.

Today's the day - WotC's latest Dungeons & Dragons adventure, Tomb of Annihilation, is out! Head on down to your friendly (or unfriendly) local (or not so local) gaming (or comic) store and pick up your copy. Alternatively, if you use a virtual table top, it's available for Fantasy Grounds and Roll20.

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 12.53.29.png

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
So impressed with DDB version, able to print and highlight, mark up, draw on etc without ruining book. Still, miss holding the book in my hands rather than a binder but I'll take the trade. Missing out on poster map too, but should be able to use PDF in some form or another.

designbot

Explorer
Whatever the case, it's unfortunate because Mike's maps are higher resolution, higher DPI and quality so even if you have a lesser version, they're still worth getting.

I love Mike Schley's maps and don't want to take anything away from him… However, as far as I can tell, the maps that you get on D&D Beyond may already be full-resolution, and both marked & unmarked versions are included. They're generally big enough to print 8.5" x 11" at 250 dpi. (Correction: the free Chult map on Schley's website is much larger than the one on D&D Beyond; maybe higher-resolution versions of the other maps exist as well.)

At $25 for the entire adventure including all maps, illustrations, and handouts vs. (based on previous adventures) $15 for a bundle of just the maps, it's a pretty great deal. I am loving the D&D Beyond version, and really don't think I need the physical book at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

marklopiccola

First Post
This is one of the times I hate the internet. You don't even have to buy OR download (steal) the book to know how it plays out.

Talk about SPOILERS! Every DnD channel on Twitch and YouTube have been playing threw this module for the last two months.
No big surprises here.

That said, I have been enjoying the game play.

Ricky Alpa

First Post
:hmm::hmm::hmm::mad::mad::mad:
My FLGS didn't get their shipment, so unfortunately I wasn't able to get the full book. I did, however, purchase the monster package on D&D Beyond (because, hey, monsters can always be used in hombrew in the meantime and in the future!), and I really like the various new monsters available. I'm very happy to see a nice selection of nasty plant foes, which were lacking in the MM, including a lot of my favorites that hadn't been updated yet to 5e - it will be nice to surprise my players with assassin vines or yellow musk creepers/zombies. Also, there are three new CR 10+ monsters (not including Acererak himself), which is at least a small step towards getting more higher-level foes...

Jools

First Post
This is one of the times I hate the internet. You don't even have to buy OR download (steal) the book to know how it plays out.

Talk about SPOILERS! Every DnD channel on Twitch and YouTube have been playing threw this module for the last two months.
No big surprises here.

That said, I have been enjoying the game play.

Can anybody recommend one as being particularly good?

Trellian

Explorer
So, if you dislike resurrection magic, and have house-ruled that nothing like this exist for close to 20 years.. can you change the premise and still make it work?

Remove ads

Remove ads