Tome of Horrors Complete Edition

JoeGKushner

First Post
I'm conflicted on this.

I'd like to support it.

I have most of the material already.

I own a lot of pathfinder bits but don't actively play it (as opposed to say 4e.)

Price range for a 'shelf' book is high but not high in contrast to the contents...

Smart money would be do the PDF at a lower price point to generate $$ and then fund the books print run that way. A high cost on the PDF will just insure that people are stealing it.

ruemere

Adventurer
Don't really know about prices, however based on Bill's words the following seems probable:
- there will be print+pdf bundle, with pdf price being zero
- the initial print of 500 books is going to be used to fund the next run

As for supporting the book for supporting sake: don't.
At this moment, basing on sales of Slumbering Tsar, it's quite likely that initial run is going to be eaten by preorders (no, I do not have the number, I just have read a few words to this effect).

:)

Regards,
Ruemere

PS. I cannot hope but wish for GSL to be abolished in favor of OGL. Weren't it for WotC licensing fiasco, the ToH Complete would have become most likely part of Necromancer Games product portfolio.

Treebore

First Post
I'm conflicted on this.

I'd like to support it.

I own a lot of pathfinder bits but don't actively play it (as opposed to say 4e.)

Price range for a 'shelf' book is high but not high in contrast to the contents...

Smart money would be do the PDF at a lower price point to generate $$ and then fund the books print run that way. A high cost on the PDF will just insure that people are stealing it.

Yeah, don't worry about "supporting" this, only get it if you really want it.

Bill was happy with the Tsar pre orders at $125, so I am sure this will do even better.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
I'm conflicted on this.

I'd like to support it.

I'm in pretty much the same boat, have most of the material for 3(.5)E already and am willing to pay for a Pathfinder update. I'm pretty much out of the Physical book business, so it'll be pdf. But if I look at the price point on their pdfs it's pretty high, $90 for the Tsar pdfs (14x30-50 pages), I'm not really interested in paying $90+ for a few rules updates for a few monsters I might use in an adventure. Especially not when Paizo is doing $10 pdfs for 320 page monster books in full color. If I wanted to use a monster from one of the old ToM books, I'll convert it myself...

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
I'm really looking forward to this. Hopefully it will also lead to Tome of Horrors IV finally coming out. (Or they can include the monsters that supposed to be in ToH4 in the complete guide.)

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
I've seen the list of monsters that are going to be in the book in the other forums, and I noticed that the chalkydri angel from ToH3 wasn't on the list. Is it just an oversight or is it not going to be in the new book?

Stormonu

Legend
This is the book I've waiting for since at least Pathfinder was announced. Reserving a copy as soon as I can, especially if it comes with a free PDF version.

BriarMonkey

First Post
The order deadline for a hardcopy book is July 5th, 2011. The PDF will be included (you get a download link which will have the PDF when it ships). The price tag is 89.99$ for the physical book (shipping in the US is 4.00$).

It looks like this will be the only print run of the book. (I say that because the post in RPG Industry Forum makes it seem like they are doing a single run.)

Just FYI-ing peeps.

Remove ads