Tome of Horrors Complete Edition

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Personally, I'll start looking for it after GenCon; it's supposed to ship in August, and I doubt we'll see the pdf much before the books ship.

SolitonMan

Explorer
Supporter
Well I downloaded the Pathfinder version of the PDF yesterday, hefty at a 232 MB file. The Tome is 818 pages and contains too much for me to provide a review at this time. First impressions, though, are good, and I like the differentiation of the stat block text font from the fluff text font. If I'm not mistaken, the stat block text font is the same used in many old TSR modules, which provides a nice nostalgic quality to viewing the material.

The art seems to be drawn from that which was used in the original ToH books for 3.0/3.5. Although I've barely scratched the surface of this beast, one thing I did find amusing is the "bonus" stat block which follows the Introduction by Greg A. Vaughan. :) Nice job on that guys!

I'll add more when I have a chance to really sink my teeth in to this, maybe over the weekend. I can say that I'm looking forward to the hardcopy even more!

SolitonMan

Explorer
Supporter
I've seen the list of monsters that are going to be in the book in the other forums, and I noticed that the chalkydri angel from ToH3 wasn't on the list. Is it just an oversight or is it not going to be in the new book?

The gnasher lizard and sepulchral guardian aren't on the given list either. Are they going to be in the book?

GL, just saw your posts after my previous one, I did a quick check and I didn't see a gnasher lizard, but the sepulchral guardian and chalkydri angel are both included.

Remove ads