• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tome of Treasures becomes Adventurer's Vault

Patlin

Explorer
I may have missed this, so I'm not sure it's really a scoop, but I just noticed that Tome of Treasures on my Amazon Wish List has transformed into "Adventurer's Vault: A Guide to Weapons, Equipment, and Treasure for Your Character."

Ktulu

First Post
Hmm..I actually like that name better. Tome of Treasures is sooo 3.5 ;). Adventurer's Vault has a nice ring to it.

Ktulu

WheresMyD20

First Post
Patlin said:
I may have missed this, so I'm not sure it's really a scoop, but I just noticed that Tome of Treasures on my Amazon Wish List has transformed into "Adventurer's Vault: A Guide to Weapons, Equipment, and Treasure for Your Character."
I think WotC realizes that there are a lot more players than DMs and "Tome of Treasures" sounds like a book aimed at DMs. "Adventurer's Vault: A Guide to Weapons, Equipment, and Treasure for Your Character" clearly shows it's for players as well as DMs.

Ktulu

First Post
WheresMyD20 said:
I think WotC realizes that there are a lot more players than DMs and "Tome of Treasures" sounds like a book aimed at DMs. "Adventurer's Vault: A Guide to Weapons, Equipment, and Treasure for Your Character" clearly shows it's for players as well as DMs.

QFT. I think you hit this one directly on the mark. Getting away from the "DM ONLY" books and making it books for everyone does two things. It evens out the distance between GM & player and it also expands your consumer base by making books that more than one person may want to have in the group.

Ktulu

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I am still hoping the "gun book" reference wasn't just an analogy.

Also hope there is tons of mundane non-magical equipment, I love my old rogue character who only used ordinary items, be they spring-loaded, clockwork, etc.

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Tsk, Tome of Treasures was more in keeping with 1E. :(

Yeah, I liked the (Ye) Olde School feel of Tome of Treasures myself. Heck, I grabbed the 3.5 books mainly because they looked like grimoires of forgotten lore!

<history geek>
I know I'm really, really in the minority on this, but an ideal RPG book for me would look like a yellowed, leather-bound book from the eighteenth century. As an undergrad I would go down into the Manuscripts and Special Collections section of the library and just page through those things, because they look so freakin' cool.
</history geek>

Remove ads