• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tome of Treasures becomes Adventurer's Vault

drjones

Explorer
Well I am sure once Adventurer's Vault: A Guide to Weapons, Equipment, and Treasure for Your Character (Tome of Treasures edition, now featuring 20% more longwords +1) with the yellowed pre cheetos-stained paperback cover then everyone will be happy.

Simplicity

Explorer
Yes, it should be a book aimed at players instead of DMs. Something like this:

Page 1: "You get what the DM gives you, worm."

The rest of the pages should be blank.

Sojorn

First Post
Simplicity said:

Blank?

Man, I was hoping at least for "HAHAHAHA" printed over and over. Must be saving on ink :(

3catcircus

Adventurer
Simplicity said:

I'd prefer:

Page 1: "...so you get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!"

Page 2: "I said 'Good day!'"

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
Patlin said:
I may have missed this, so I'm not sure it's really a scoop, but I just noticed that Tome of Treasures on my Amazon Wish List has transformed into "Adventurer's Vault: A Guide to Weapons, Equipment, and Treasure for Your Character."
Didn't the Rouse or somebody say at one point that Tome of Treasures was with the legal team? I guess someone decided that that title would be stepping on someone else's toes intellectual property so they had to change it. That means this is the third name for this product (it's original name was Magic Item Compendium I, which suggests there was going to be more than one - I wonder if this is still the case?).

Last edited:

dervish

First Post
In all honesty that book (with the name change) sounds a bit too much like a menu that you can just order up your magical items from. On the other hand, we have also heard that "Ye Olde Magick Shoppe" is gone, so I guess they hope for players to buy the book so they can nag their DM into giving them the "phat lootz". Though I expect 4e to be a little bit more explicit about how the DM is expected to hand out magical item rewards, so I hope it won't be a problem.

That's something I'm really tired about in 3.5: Having to think about every little piece of loot, and continually checking with the players that they are around the wealth guidelines.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads