• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Top 25 Why You Don't Play D&D Anymore

Dispater

Explorer
Well I was waking up this morning with a terrible hangover and read up here on ENworld. By doing this, of course, my mind went awry and so I started thinking about gaming buddies I've lost, people that have come to the gaming table and left for obscure reasons. It's really sad that its the only thing I can think of to write down, and I am sure its been done before, but here it is, and presented in its entirety as

Top 25 Reasons Why You Don't Play D&D anymore

1. Your mother burnt your books

2. You burnt your books

3. You got a (new) job

4. You got a (new) girlfriend

5. You discovered that playing chess isn't that bad after all

6. It didn't go well with the skateboarder image

7. It didn't go well with the goth image

8. Your DM killed all your best character concepts all in one session

9. Your DM threw dice at you during the session

10. You (poor soul) were the DM

11. The DM wouldn't let you convert your White Wolf characters

12. Somebody pickpocketed your dice bag last Gencon

13. Your local gamestore was replaced with a Go Sushi bar

14. You thought a Shakesperian interpretation of your character would go well with the DM

15. You finally got all the books and they put out a new edition

16. ARRR! D&D is for wussies

17. The +5 keen edge flaming adamantine longsword didn't give your life any meaning anymore

18. Whatever it is you're playing, its not D&D

19. You had a nervous breakdown after you lost your 20th level monk/bard character sheet

20. The game went FUBAR

21. You had a spiritual journey

22. You're living in a desert

23. You're living in the game store

24. You got tired of lying to your girlfriend on your whereabouts on wednesdays nights

25. Your mother wanted to join your group

Well, hope you undertand now how many tragic fates I have witnessed. ;)

Cheers,

-Dispater

orbitalfreak

First Post
27. Major members of gaming group had a child to care for.

28. You're taking 20 hours of classes a week, including multiple senior-level courses, have a 45 minute commute, are engaged in an extracurricular research project, have loads of homework, are trying to get stuff ready for grad school, preparing to take the Graduate Readiness Exam, and just generally don't have enough time to do anything, let alone manage a campaign! (</end rant>Sorry, rough week :))

29. You're addicted to Dark Age of Camelot.

Halivar

First Post
32. My DM decided that he was going to responsible with his time and only DM in the Summer. I, and everyone in my group, hates DM'ing. So, I guess no D&D until next Summer.

Rashak Mani

First Post
24. You got tired of lying to your girlfriend on your whereabouts on wednesdays nights

I still manage to do that on weekend afternoons ! One needs priorities.. and its way easier to have time with my girlfriend than with my RPG group.

Remove ads