Top Ten Favorite Sci-Fi or Fantasy Movies?

MonsterMash

First Post
10 films in no order
1. 2001 a Space Oddyssey - the first SF film I ever saw and one of the few films I'll go and see again and again.
2. Lord of the Rings (Peter Jackson) - really it is just one very long movie!
3. Pi
4. Dark Star
5. Aliens - one of the best war movies ever made!
6. City of Lost Children
7. Vampyr - Carl Dreyer silent, maybe should not qualify, but in many ways more fantasy than horror
8. Brazil
9. Twelve Monkeys
10. The Matrix - just the first one

Honourable mentions:
Star Wars: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Terminator, T2: Judgement Day, Solaris (both versions), Time Bandits, Jabberwocky, Nosferatu, Shadow of the Vampire

Surprised its not on the long list already - Them - US Army vs Giant Ants

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
1. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
2. Blade Runner
3. Star Wars: A New Hope
4. Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi
5. The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring
6. The Thing
7. The Matrix
8. Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith
9. Aliens
10. Conan The Barbarian

editied because I forgot THE THING! Kurt Russel version of course. How could I forget?

Last edited:

Skrit

First Post
lets see lets see...

My top ten (not in any kind of order)
1. Them
2. The Thing (I'll cheat and say both versions)
3. Aliens
4. Night of the Living Dead
5. War of the Worlds (original one)
6. Conan the Barbarian
7. Star Wars (a New hope)
8. LOTR Two Towers
9. Flash Gordon (1980)
10. Star Trek The Wrath of Khan

Is Chinese Ghost story the one with the talented Amy Yip and her two co-stars? That was.... entertaining.

Otherwise:

Labyrinth (despite DB in tights)
Alien
Gremlins 2
LoTR
SW4
Blade Runner
Twelve Monkeys
Transformers: the Movie
The Princess Bride
Highlander

Skrit

First Post
trancejeremy said:
Sci-Fi:

Dark City
Them!
QUOTE]

Cool!! I didn't think anyone would List Them! as one of there favs.. I've this movie since I was about 4 or 5... I got it on VHS and watch it every now and then but haven't picked up the DVD yet.. and yes I spelled Them! wrong I forgot the "!" at the end..

Dark City was also good and I would have put it on the list if I would have remember it... A real good thinking movie that most people never saw..

I also would like to Ammend my List if I had an 11th slot I would have definatlly put in "The Haunting" the original one.. It was a real low buget horror movie that was real scary at times. It also had a Superb ending.. Granted some of you might say it don't belong the list since it's a horror movie, but if you watch it you don't really know what movie type it is.. It could be Scifi, or Horror but to tell you why would spoil the movie.. Watch it if you get a chance..

Welverin

First Post
Well let's see the Star wars movies, The Matrix movies, and The Princess Bride get me to ten, I won't bother with order.

Do we count Equilibrium as sci-fi?

Remove ads